Chapter 44

Preparations and Snotty Children

"Alright, let's see what you can do," Luci says and shoves his hands in his pockets.

(Y/n) takes a deep breath in, lifting her left arm up in the air to create a whirlwind around her. However, no matter how much she tried to concentrate air into it, the wind didn't bend to her will. She tries harder and a slight wind forms around her but disperses, "What?"

"Oh my," he mutters as he walks up to her, "You still have your wind powers but it seems that they have been depleted to the point you've become a novice."

"But these powers stem from you?" (Y/n) asks in confusion.

"Yes, but it could be because you may have to build them on your powers from your ancestor," he theorizes.

She frowns at him, "That makes no sense."

"Basically, you somehow mixed your wind powers with your ancestor's powers to make it stronger and since your power is now gone so are your wind abilities," he informs her, "But you can easily regain them through training, although, I'm not sure how strong they will be."

"Damn," she mumbles, but a smile forms on her face, "Then that means I have to work extra hard. I'm ready, let's get the training started!"

A month had gone by in Hell which was simply just a few minutes back in the human realm. (Y/n) still didn't understand the concept of time, but she decided not to question it to not make her head hurt. After recovering from the ritual, she spent her time training with Elma and her father.

Relearning her wind abilities until she couldn't learn anything more. Elma had taught her a trick to expand her power reserve. It was hard at first, but (Y/n) soon got a hold of it. Elma had taught her to create two reserves in her body.

The smallest reserve would be what she would have to use during the fight for defense while the larger reserve would be unlocked if she was in a life-threatening situation. Because the smaller reserve had to be used for fighting, her father had taught her more about her demon abilities.

He taught her how to properly use her blood link. He explained to her that focusing too much on making someone explode would exhaust her body and cause a massive headache leading to weakness. Instead, he taught her how to bend her own blood to her wield.

He explained that she can make an incision in her skin and wield her blood into any shape. At first, it was hard to shape the blood into anything, however, as time progressed she was able to make small needles. He told her that it takes patience.

He also taught her how to meditate to keep her mind clear. They had learned that the reason why her brain was not properly focusing was that it was being overwhelmed by her powers and depression. So they sat every morning before breakfast and meditated, focusing their minds.

While the power was no longer overwhelming her, the depression was still there. She would lay in her bed awake at night. Her mind questioning whether all the training would be enough. Whether she would be able to make it through. Whether she was enough.

"(Y/n), are you going back today?" her father asks her, his black-painted lips smiling at her. 

"I should before my friends go crazy and Levi finds out I disappeared, I don't want my ass getting kicked" she replies, a smile on her face.

"I see you took my advice to heart. When will I be able to meet this young man?" he questions her and wiggles his eyebrows.

"When you learn not to embarrass me" she retorts, her lips forming a smirk.