Chapter 8

Markings

"Marco, we should split up" (Y/n) speaks up, her blades cutting the nape of another titan, "There are too many titans in the middle section which means that the front forces have fallen. I'm going to head over there to check on them."

"That could be dangerous if you go by yourself," Marco reasons with her, "You're going to get yourself killed. I won't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you."

"Why is everyone acting like I'm going to die?" (Y/n) mumbles and then raises her voice, "Marco! Listen to me. I can cut down a few more titans which will give the people a bigger time frame to escape the city. Go find the others, I'll meet you at HQ."

The freckled boy went to refute her statement, but she had swung off the roof before he could say anything. He sighs and heads towards the middle where his friends should be fighting off the titans.

(Y/n)'s (h/c) hair was a mess. It had all kinds of knots from flying through Trost and escaping the various titan hands. She notices a familiar blonde boy who was about to fall victim to a titan's mouth. She rushes to it and sees Eren grab onto Armin, throwing him back onto the roof. 

"Eren!" (Y/n) screams out, but she was too late. The titan snaps its mouth shut on her friend's arm, swallowing him gleefully. (Y/n) felt tears stream down her face, "Armin, fuck."

She wraps her arm around Armin's torso and pulls him off the roof, onto another red roof that was far away from the bearded titan. She lets go of Armin, he was crying just like her. He shamefully looks up at his friend.

"I'm a failure! I let Eren die because I was weak!" Armin cries out, lowering his head onto the red roof. His body was shaking. (Y/n) wraps her arms around her friend.

"Armin, shut up!" she screams at him, "He saved you, so you are going to get your shit together and move on with me. We can mourn later!"

Armin was still shaking and panic started bubbling in (Y/n)'s veins. She could have saved her friend if she had just wielded the air to kill the titan, but she chose to keep her secret instead of saving her best friend. Armin shouldn't be the one feeling guilty, it should be her. Connie runs up to the two and places a hand on their shoulders.

"Where are your squads?" Connie asks and he notices how tears were running down their cheeks.

"Armin's squad is dead" (Y/n) replies and wipes away at her tears, her expression turning stoic, "That includes Eren. I split from my squad."

Krista rushes over to (Y/n), wrapping her in a tight hug. (Y/n) smiles down at the girl, "There's no time for crying right now, Armin. We have to go."

The blonde boy gets up from his kneeled position. He walks over to the roof's edge and jumps off, his wires shooting onto another roof and swinging away, "Armin!"

"What the fuck was that for?" (Y/n) mumbles, her teeth grinding.

"We should go after him!" Krista shouts, but Ymir holds her back.

"I'll take care of it" (Y/n) states, "I'll meet you guys on the other side."

"The other side better not mean heaven!" Krista shouts.

(Y/n) winks at them and dives off the roof. She free falls until she gets close to the ground where she shoots her wires forward, slingshotting herself into the air. She moves quickly around the houses, trying to find her blonde friend. Where could have he gone? she thinks to herself, panicking at the thought of another one of her friends being dead.

She lands onto a red roof, watching over the city to try and spot her friend, "Fuck it."

The (h/c) haired girl unravels the bandage around her hand, throwing it down onto the roof, "I can't let anyone else die."