Chapter 10

Court Trials and Broken Relations

Shackles were fastened against her ankles, digging into her rough skin. After the battle at Trost (Y/n) had woken up in a jail cell. It was no surprise to her that her body was covered in bandages and she had woken up in the cold cell. However, what really irked her was that the guards wouldn't even speak to her. She had no sense of time.

Her empty, (e/c) eyes were set on the moldy wall next to her. (Y/n) knew she would have ended up in a jail cell at some point in her life. With all the crimes she has committed, she was destined to be stuck in a cold, smelly cell. Her cracked lips let a sigh escape. I wonder if Caleb knows that I'm stuck in here, she thinks.

"Or maybe it's better he doesn't know" (Y/n) mumbles and slams her head into the wall. She looks down at her fingers. The skin around her nails was ripped off, the result of her scratching at the wall. She slams her head one more time against the wall, tears streaming down her face. She was alone. She bites her bottom lip and repeatedly slams the back of her head. Once, twice, thrice, until a voice spoke up.

"Oi, keep slamming your head like that and you'll end up dead," a stoic voice says. (Y/n) lets out a manic laugh, realizing that the man who was speaking to her was the last man she wanted to see. (Y/n) slams her head into the wall for the final time and leans forward. Her (e/c) eyes met stormy, blue ones.

"At least I wouldn't be stuck in here" (Y/n) retorts as she wipes away at the tears on her cheeks, "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to inform you on your current status, I really didn't want to but Erwin insisted" Levi replies and leans against the stone wall, his arms crossing over his chest, "You're going to be put on trial. The Military Police will probably call for your execution, but Erwin will try to do his best to keep you safe. However, answer me this, if you really are a demon, then what are your intentions with us, humans?"

"All I've ever done is protect humans" (Y/n) replies and closes her eyes, "I will do anything to protect my friends. I failed when Eren died, but I won't let that happen again."

"In that case, Erwin will make sure to keep you safe" Levi declares and pushes his short body off the wall, "Also, your little boyfriend is alive."

The girl snaps her eyes open, but the short man was gone. (Y/n) curses the man for leaving her like that. He's so god damn infuriating, she thinks and slams her fist down onto the hard mattress, fuck him and his really nice eyes.

Hours seemed to pass by when five MPs appear before her cell. Two of them had their guns pointed at her, the other two were guarding the outside of the cell, and the last one was unlocking her door. (Y/n) stays still as the MP makes his way to her shackles and takes them off, "Don't resist."

"I wasn't planning to" (Y/n) mumbles and the guard pulls her off the mattress by the collar of her shirt. He turns her around and brings her hands behind her, putting metal handcuffs around her wrists. He pushes her outside of the cell, down the dark corridor, and then up some steps.

At the top of the stairs, sunlight filtered into the large corridor making her eyes squint. The MP continues pushing her forward until they reach giant double doors that were beautifully ornated. A courthouse, (Y/n) thinks and the doors open. The MP pushes her into the courtroom where Darius Zackly was sitting up in front of her, in all of his glory.

She looks around the room. The Survey Corps was on the left and the Military Police was on the right. Her eyes scan every single face in the room, but they stop when she meets black eyes. They stare back at her in utter disappointment. 

"Good afternoon, Miss (Y/n) (L/n)" Darius Zackly states and the MP pushes her down onto the ground. She kneels down and a bar is placed in between the shackles, "We are gathered here today because you claim to be a demon, is that true?"