When We Were Young

19th of September 2017

'My God this reminds me, of when we were young.'

"Harry Edward Styles, get over here right now!" I called out to the curly-haired boy who was avoiding getting into his suit for the first night of his first tour as a solo artist. He was running around the dressing room with Mitch, which was very unlike the guitarist but I assumed he was just as excited as Harry was to get out and perform for the first time on tour.

"Fine okay, I'm coming," he huffed and walked over to where I had finished pressing his floral suit and white shirt, something he had chosen out himself when were planning looks for this tour.

"Here is your shirt," I said with a smile, carefully handing him the white shirt which he thanked me for, slipping it over his tattoo clad body with a grin on his face. "Your suit is ready for when you are. You may want to put in on sooner rather than later because you have to be on stage in about ten minutes."

"Help me?" Harry asked with a pout and I rolled my eyes at him as I handed him the floral suit pants before making sure that his jacket was perfectly steamed, as I knew he wanted everything to go smoothly tonight, which was understandable. It is his first tour as a solo artist and although he is Harry Styles, he wants to be able to show the world he can make it as a solo artist, which he already showed with the success of his first album.

"Good choice," I mumbled as I helped him with the suit jacket, making sure everything fitted perfectly, smoothing down the jacket arms and fixing all the small imperfections on his shirt, like the fact that his buttons were in the wrong holes.

"This reminds me of when you first came on tour with us," he said out of nowhere after I finished fixing him up, as he only had about five minutes until he needed to be on stage.

"Pardon?" I asked with a stifled laugh. Harry and I were close, we have been from the minute we met four and a half years ago, but he rarely talks about his One Direction days with me, despite the fact that I was around all of them for two and a half years as their assistant stylist.

I was bought onto the Take Me Home world tour in 2013, by their main stylist Caroline Watson, after meeting her at the London College of Fashion at the end of 2012 when she was doing a lecture for one of my courses. I approached her about internships and she took my email and portfolio and two months later I was her intern on the Take Me Home tour. It was only supposed to be for one month, but she needed the help and I finished the rest of my degree online and stayed with the boys until they went on the hiatus at the end of 2015.

"You know, when the boys and I would refuse to get dressed because we were just mucking around and making your life an absolute living hell?" Harry questioned and I just smiled at him as I tried to think of a response, as I was taken off guard about how open he was being with me for a task which should have been simple with minimal conversation.

"You guys never made my life a living hell," I said softly and Harry just smiled at me. "Anyways you should probably get on stage, you don't want to be late for your first show of the tour!" I exclaimed.

"Thank's Anna, you're the best," he grinned quickly pulling me into a warm hug and I was engulfed by the familiar smell of tobacco and vanilla, something I had grown accustomed to over the last eight months or so.

"I know. Good luck Harry," I said and he shot me one last smile with a thumbs up before running out of his dressing room, leaving me and a few others in the room to clean up the mess that was made in here.