Starlight

7th of April 2018

"I have something for you," Harry said as he walked into our hotel room, a devilish grin on his face.

I noticed the Gucci bag in his hands and I audibly gasped, placing the book that I was reading down on the bed as he practically skipped over to me.

"What the fuck did you buy?!" I questioned, Harry letting out a laugh.

When Harry said he needed to go 'run errands' I expected him to have a meeting or grab a coffee with friends, not go shopping at the Gucci store on a Friday morning.

"It's for you," he said with a smile and I felt a pang of sadness hit my chest, knowing that he was trying to make up for what happened in Italy earlier in the week. "Go on, open it," he said as he handed me the bag.

I gave Harry a slow nod as I removed the box from the bag, trying to suppress the smile that was on my face.

I opened the box and removed the tissue paper, a small gasp leaving my mouth when I picked up the dainty pink dress that Harry had chosen for me; a square neckline, a small Gucci button on the front, so subtly beautiful I could have screamed at how perfect it was.

"Harry, it's beautiful..." I said trailing off, admiring how simply perfect this dress was, I mean it is a Gucci dress, so it makes sense that it's stupidly perfect. "Why though? You didn't have to do this."

"We are going to a party after the show," he stated in a matter-of-fact tone and I raised an eyebrow at him. "And I decided that we both needed new outfits for tonight," he said, holding another Gucci bag in his left hand which was for him.

"Who the fuck do you know in Birmingham?" I asked with a laugh.

"No one, but that's besides the point, we are going to a party and we are going to have fun," he said, sounding slightly stressed and I knew he was, once again, trying to make up for what happened in Italy.

"Okay, and who else is coming with us?" I asked, feeling the smoothness of the fabric between my fingers, the stylist part of my brain racking through ideas of how I was going to wear this dress tonight.

"Just the two of us, it's a date."

I gave him a smile and thanked him for dress once more, pulling him into a hug on the bed as he kissed my forehead multiple times, leaving me with a giddy feeling throughout my body.

"I love you," I whispered against his skin and I felt him breath a soft sigh and I looked at his face and smiled at him, a small smile wavering one his lips.

"I know," is all he said and I felt my heart drop into the pit of my stomach.

Oh my god. He didn't say it back. What the actual fuck?!

"I love you too my golden girl," he said after a moment and I almost breathed a sigh of relief when he said it.

We stayed like that for a while, kissing and laughing on the bed, like everything was normal between us, even though it definitely wasn't.

"You're so pretty," Harry mumbled against my lips and I giggled, running my hand through his curls, Harry smiling into the kiss like he had some so many times before.