Gotta Be You

30th of October 2017

"So, he got mad at you because you told his mum about you two?" Ruby asked and I nodded as she handed me a piece of the chocolate she was eating and I shoved it down my throat, being careful not to spill any on the white blazer and shirt I was wearing.

"Yeah, he said I can't just go around telling people we are seeing each other and that we aren't together and then I got mad about that and then I bought up this Camille Rowe chick and then I asked him to pull over and then I basically told him to sort his shit out and here we are," I laughed, huffing as I flopped onto the couch in the dressing room, my back falling against the soft fabric.

"Good for you! Thank fuck you finally stood up for yourself once Anna," James said from across the dressing room, a coffee in hand which he had gotten from the Starbucks nearby.

"Yeah but now I feel awful and we haven't spoken since dinner the other night and his mum and sister are coming to the show tonight," I said, sighing as my mind flickered through the events of the other night and how something so good turned into something so bad, so very quickly.

Harry and his band were in soundcheck, making sure that everything was absolutely perfect for tonight, meaning the dressing room was empty, which also meant I could vent to Ruby and James, which is something I desperately needed to do.

On one hand, I was mad at Harry for how he acted last night and how ridiculous he was being. I know that with his status we have to be careful and I don't mind being careful, but being angry about me telling his mum about us is just downright absurd. On the other hand, I feel bad about getting so angry with him so quickly. I was never one to get fired up so fast but something just snapped in me last night and I don't like feeling the way I do right now.

"It's not your fault Anna, he needs to grow a pair and stop being a pussy," Ruby said and both James and I laughed gently at her words, Ruby smiling as she always knew just the right thing to say to anyone.

"Who is this Camille girl anyway?" James asked and I sighed, not really knowing anything about the girl apart from the fact she was bought up in a radio interview the other day. I had a quick flick through her Instagram after I watched the interview after it was uploaded online and it seems that she is a model too. Just my fucking luck, thinking Harry would choose me over a model.

"She is a model. Victoria Secret I think," I said nonchalantly, not really wanting to wallow in self-pity any longer.

"Mmm, you are way prettier than her anyway," Ruby said, staring down at her phone, her finger scrolling quickly on the screen which indicated that she was obviously on her Instagram.

"Thanks, Rubes," I said with a sincere smile, however, my heart was still feeling heavy and I still had no idea what to do about how I was feeling.

"She is right you know," James said with a firey look on his face. "This Camille girl can take her long legs and shove them right up her  -" James began but was thankfully cut off by Harry, Jeff, Helene and the band walking into the dressing room.

Ruby and I giggled at the startled look on James' face when the room was suddenly no longer consisting of the golden trio (Ruby's nickname for us apparently) but my smile suddenly faded when I felt Harry's eyes on mine.

"Alright, guys! We are a bit behind schedule tonight so I have ordered some pizza for dinner because fans are coming into the venue right now, meaning none of you can leave," Jeff said, sitting down on a grey plastic chair and immediately pulling out his phone, his eyebrows furrowing as he quickly began typing.