No Control

1st of February 2018

Sneaking out of my and Harry's room, I quickly rushed downstairs to get a start on the plans I had made for his twenty-fourth birthday.

I had a full day planned out for him, having celebrated his birthday in London with his family and mine before we came back to Los Angeles to begin preparing for the second half of the tour.

Harry was fast asleep when I left him, the time on my phone reading just past nine, meaning I had ample time to cook breakfast and set everything up for the morning, as Harry was a late riser when he has time off.

I began cooking, making an array of food for the morning. Delicious smells of pancakes to eggs filled the house as I began platting everything up on the white china platters that Harry has stored in the pantry, placing them neatly on the table in the open dining room.

I carefully opened the glass sliding doors, the cool February breeze entering the house, the comforting smell of the ocean lingering throughout the house because of it.

I made a pot of coffee, as well as two cups of tea for us, knowing that Harry would want some tea to start off his day.

I turned on some soft background music, settling on playing Glass Animal's Album 'How To Be A Human Being,' and as I was doing so, I heard the soft footsteps of Harry approaching the dining room.

His presents were stashed in my suitcase that was in one of the spare rooms, and I was just as nervous to give them to him as I was at Christmas time.

"Anna? What is all of this?" he asked sleepily and I giggled as I took in his appearance. We were both still in our pyjamas, Harry wearing a pair of loose blue cotton shorts and a white t-shirt, his soft hair in messy curls, somehow still managing to look heavenly as always.

"Happy birthday my darling," I said from the kitchen where I was toasting some bread to have with our eggs.

Harry grinned as he walked over to me, opening his arms to pull me into a hug when he reached me, my head resting against his chest as he squeezed me tightly.

"Thank you Anna, but you didn't have to do all of this," he said softly and I huffed as he let me go.

"I wanted to Harry, it's your birthday, you deserve to be spoilt."

"Alright alright," Harry laughed as the toast popped and I ushered him to sit down at the table where his tea was waiting for him.

I quickly buttered the toast and made my way to the table, where I hoped everything would taste as good as it looked.

"Everything looks incredible Anna, you have outdone yourself," Harry said and I grinned as we began to serve ourselves, the choc chip pancakes calling my name.

"Only the best for my boy on his birthday," I said, the sheer amount of cheesiness in that sentence enough to make me cringe at my own words but I pushed it aside for the day.

"What time did you get up?" Harry asked through a mouthful of pancakes, making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"Just past seven-thirty, you looked so peaceful so I did not want to wake you," I said after I had swallowed my cup of coffee.