English Love Affair

11th of April 2018

"Been a while since we've been back here hey?" Harry said to me as we entered the O2 Arena with smiles on our faces.

"You could say that," I chuckled, as the last time we were here, One Direction were not on a 'hiatus' and they were playing multiple sold out shows in a row.

Flashbacks to the days upon end that were spent here entered my mind; playing table tennis with Louis, watching Zayn draw anything with ease, Niall begging me to go and get food with him, Liam and I watching all the Harry Potter movies, and Harry always close by my side, which I never thought much of but now that I look back on it, how stupid was I not to notice?

"Feels weird seeing it this empty," Harry said as we trudged through the arena.

We got to the show earlier than usual, as Harry wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for today and tomorrow, as he will be playing to over 50,000 people across the two nights.

"Won't be like this in a couple of hours," I said with a grin, Harry turning around to give me a smile as we found our way to the dressing room, Mitch, Sarah, Adam and Clare already waiting for us in there.

"Afternoon," I said, receiving a variety of responses from everyone in the room, including Mitch who gave me his usual soft 'hmph' to acknowledge me.

It was barely 12pm, meaning I had an extreme amount of time to kill, and had already spent my morning replying to emails and having a couple of meetings, so I basically had all the free time in the world, which was unusual to me.

"Anyone know where James and Ruby are?" I asked no one in particular.

"Out with Hélène, I think grabbing something to eat and shopping," Clare said nonchalantly from where she was on her laptop, one headphone in and one out.

"Thanks," I said with a smile, pulling out my phone to text Ruby, who responded immediately with a location and before I knew it, I was putting on my sunglasses and saying my farewells to everyone.

I quickly rushed outside and began the short walk to the cafe the three of them were at, and I knew I was in for a good afternoon.

The walk was short, but long enough for me to respond to some emails in the interim, which was always handy, as it was less for me to worry about in the coming days.

As soon as I entered the cafe I heard a 'Oi' from James and I looked up from my phone to see them sitting by the window, coffees already in front of them.

I practically skipped over to them, always excited to see my two best friends and Hélène, who is one of the most kind and talented people I know.

"Ello," I said with a grin, pulling up a chair and slotting between James and Ruby.

"Afternoon," Hélène said with a kind smile on her face, an old camera resting in her lap with the black strap hanging loosely around her neck.

Immediately a waiter came to take my older, and I quickly settled on a iced chai latte and a pumpkin and feta salad before he hurried away back to the kitchen.

"Should we go out tonight?" James and I shrugged my shoulders, knowing that Harry would probably not want to go out as he still had another big show tomorrow night.