Medecine

10th of October 2017

Harry was acting strange. In fact, his whole band was acting strange and they had been the whole day. Whispering in corners, playing chords to a song I had never heard and stopping every time someone that was not Jeff or apart of their sound and lighting team walked into sounehceck.

"What's up with you?" I laughed as I fitted him in his outfit for the evening. Black shirt and a pair of white and patterned black flared pants, with his black boots of course. His style has grown so much over the last couple of years and it has been absolute pleasure to help him develop his style and watch him flourish in his own skin.

"What do you mean?" he asked as he avoided my gaze and looked himself in the mirror, nodding in satisfaction at our work together. "Perfect, thanks Anna."

"You're welcome but stop avoiding my question," I laughed as he now faced me, a nervous smile on his face. "You and your band have been acting funny all day. Whispering in corners and stopping soundcheck whenever someone entered the area."

"I have no idea what you mean," he said and I rolled my eyes, dropping the subject between us. Things between Harry and I had been pretty good since the Atlanta incident and the flirtatious banter is at an all time high between us, with Harry finding excuses to touch me whenever he can and I found myself hanging around him whenever he was in a room, sending him winks and smiles whenever he was in the middle of a conversation with someone else.

Before I could say anything, Jeff was in the doorway calling Harry to the stage, the rest of the band waiting for him side stage.

"You'll be amazing, I can't wait," I said with a grin, leaning my lower body against the vanity that was covered in Ruby and James' treasured items.

"Thanks Anna," he said softly and before I could even comprehend what had happened, he lent over and kissed my cheek, butterflies forming in my stomach as his soft lips lingered for a moment before he pulled away, a smirk on his face. "See you after the show!" he exclaimed before running out and like the lovesick woman I am, I touched my cheek, wanting to remember the innocence of Harry kissing my on the cheek forever.

I grinned to myself before I walked to the side of stage where I found Ruby and James with red cups in their hands, causing me to raise an eyebrow as to why they were already drinking at 9 pm.

"This one is for you," Ruby said, handing me a red cup filled with what I assumed as vodka lemonade.

"Why are we drinking?" I asked and I took in their outfits, which signalled that we were definitely going out after this. Ruby in a tight red mini dress with black platform Doc Martens and James in a white shirt and tan coloured chinos with brown dress shoes, which made me look ridiculous in my jeans and old Gucci tennis jumper I had bought with my first pay check when I was eighteen.

"Because we are going out silly," James laughed and I groaned, knowing there was no way I could go out in this. I could always ditch the show and go and get ready, considering our hotel is only a ten minute drive from the venue, however, something told me I needed to stay for this show tonight and leave during 'Kiwi' as that would give me ample time to get ready and make it back to the venue before we left, as I only needed to freshen up my makeup and pick an outfit, as my hair was already in loose curls and I had done a full face of makeup this afternoon anyway.

The show went by and I had three more drinks, feeling moderately tipsy by the time the lights went red, which is something that had not happened on the tour so far.