Where Were You In The Morning?

5th of April 2018

Harry didn't come back to the hotel room last night, and hasn't answered any of my calls either.

I woke up at 6am, with puffy eyes and an ache in my chest when I realise he hadn't returned but we had a flight to catch to Germany, so I had to put it out of my mind for the moment.

I pulled on a white shirt, throwing over a knit vest, searching for the white pants that I was after for far too long when I eventually found them buried in my suitcase, along with my black high top Converse.

My eyes kept flicking to the door, hoping and praying that Harry would walk through, but he never did.

I was in no mood to take his stuff to the airport for him, so I quickly packed up all of my things and left, calling an Uber to take me to the airport where I hoped Harry would eventually be.

I was silent in the Uber, not in the mood for a conversation with anyone, awkwardly thanking him when he dropped me off at the airport.

I grabbed my luggage and checked myself in, responding to James and Ruby, letting them know that I was okay and at the airport.

James and Ruby arrived shortly after me with sullen looks on their faces, obviously feeling very sorry for me.

"You alright babe?" James asked me and I shrugged my shoulders, tears getting stuck in the back of my throat as I struggled to hold myself together.

"He didn't even text me to let me know he wasn't coming back to the hotel," I said and Ruby swore and James looked like he was ready to kill Harry and all I wanted to do is curl up in a ball and cry.

"Fucking dick," Ruby said and I nodded in agreement, because in that moment, I truly despised Harry for making me feel like this. "Cmon, let's get something to eat and drink."

I hadn't realised how hungry I was until Ruby said this, so when I returned to the lounge with a chai latte, a ham and cheese croissant and a chocolate chip muffin for the plane, the last person I expected to see staring back at me was Harry with a guilty look on his face.

"Anna," he practically whined and I shook my head, as he had no right to fight about this.

"No," I said shakily, my hands gripping the food and drink that were in them tightly. "You don't get to play the victim here."

"Can we talk? Somewhere private?" Harry asked and I scoffed, raising my eyebrows as we were in an airport, probably one of the least private places in the world. "Accessible toilet," he stated and I just nodded as I followed him to the bathroom, locking the door behind us and I noticed how dishevelled he looked which made me feel even worse.

"Anna I'm so sorry," he rushed out and I clicked my tongue, not wanting to fight, as I have always hated confrontation and I avoid it like the plague. "I went out after the show with Mitch and Adam and I ended up crashing in Adam's hotel room on the couch, I swear I promise."

"Why didn't you text me then? Not hard is it?" I asked, glaring at him as he fiddled with the hem of his t-shirt, which was the same one he was wearing before the show yesterday.

"I know I know but I was just so angry I didn't want to make things worse..." he said trailing off, realising that he had definitely made things worse.