Only Angel

20th of December 2017

My feet continued to tap the hardwood floor of the meeting room that I was in, wanting nothing more than to get out of here and go back home to Harry who said he was planning some sort of date night for us tonight.

The meeting, in question, was to do with the 2018 Met Gala, as I was on the design team for Tommy Hilfiger, as a freelance stylist, which is my job after all. I work for a styling company in London and then I get loaned out for certain projects or employed for bigger ones, like Harry's stylist.

"Alright, I think that's all for today! Thank you guys for your assistance and we will meet back after New Years, you'll get an email with the next meeting time soon," the head of the design team, Ryan said with a confident smile.

"Thanks, Ryan!" all of us said in unison before I picked up my laptop and notebook, placing them back in the black bag that I had bought with me.

I quickly said goodbye to everyone in the room, before walking out of the office and down the stairs, ordering myself an Uber to take me back to Harry's house. Well, I guess it's sort of my place too now, I just don't think I'll ever get used to saying that it is.

As I waited for the Uber, I seriously did contemplate getting my US drivers licence, I just don't think I'll ever get used to driving on the other side of the road though.

As the Uber pulled up, I quickly texted Harry to let him know that I was on my way home, to which he responded with 'yay I missed you,' with about forty-five different emojis, which was sweet and made me smile the whole car ride home, as I tried to my best to make small talk with the Uber driver, who was very lovely and asked me all sorts of questions to pass the forty-minute drive.

"Thank you kindly!" I exclaimed as I jumped out of the car, the sun starting to set as I had been out all day, leaving early in the morning and having a full day of meetings and plannings in Los Angeles.

As he drove away, I quickly hurried to Harry's gate where I punched in the code to let me in, feeling instantly relaxed when I saw his front door.

My heels clicked along the ground, and I was careful to make sure that my black mini skirt did not fly up in the wind, even though I was wearing stockings and nobody could see me. A habit I guess.

I unlocked the front door with my key, instantly being met with the smell of garlic and onion, something I wholeheartedly welcome.

"Something smells good," I said as I walked into the kitchen, to see Harry cooking with a pink apron on, pasta waiting to be boiled on the white countertop.

"Ah there she is," he said, turning around with a big smile on his face, a wooden spoon in hand which was covered in sauce. "Come here my pretty girl, I've missed you."

"Missed you too," I giggled, hurrying over to Harry so that I could give him a kiss, which he gladly accepted, the softness and sweetness of the kiss letting each other know that we missed the other's presence throughout the day.

"If you go outside, there is something set up for you while I finish cooking dinner," he said with a grin and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Go on, I'll be out soon."

"Alright H," I said with a smile, placing my bag by the stools tucked into the kitchen island before heading outside to see what the hell Harry was talking about.