Out Of My League

24th of September 2017

It was the day before Harry's show in Nashville and we all had the day off, which always resulted in James, Ruby and myself walking around whatever city we found ourselves in, which always resulted in us drinking too much coffee and purchasing way too many clothes, that always got posted back to our homes, my main residence still being in Manchester in the United Kingdom.

I woke up to see that I had a text from Harry, which was unusual since he would just come to my room and speak to me if he wanted to ask me something.

From: Harry Styles

hey! what are you doing today?

To: Harry Styles

spending the day with James and Ruby, why, what's up?

From: Harry Styles

do you mind if I tag along, I haven't really explored Nashville before and it would be fun to do so with you three :)

To: Harry Styles

of course, that's fine, meet you in the lobby in 15?

From: Harry Styles

can't wait xx

The last text message from him raise my eyebrows slightly but I ignored it as I quickly cleaned my teeth and applied a light layer of makeup for the day, not wanting to go over the top for a simple day out with my friends. I settled on wearing a light pink top with tie-dye white and muted green jeans, topped off with a pink cardigan and chunky dad sneakers. One of the perks of being a stylist was always being able to take risks with my outfits and my clients, which was one of my favourite parts of my job. Two years ago I would have never been caught dead in anything that was not a trend at the current time, but now I could not care less. I can wear whatever I want, and most of the time, it works.

I was nervous to spend the day with Harry, mainly because it is something we rarely ever do. I try to avoid being seen in public with him because even though pretty much everyone knows I am his stylist, people always comment saying I am out of his league and that I would be dreaming if I ever thought I have a chance with him. I know the comments are right, but it still hurts nonetheless.

I headed down to the lobby to see three very familiar faces waiting for me, all smiling at me when I reached them.

"Nice of you to show up," Ruby said with a grin as we all put our sunglasses on, which usually helps with us not being spotted. Harry's fans have become more respectful over the years and the number of times he has been mobbed since One Direction taking a hiatus is only a few.

"Oh shove off it.I was five minutes late," I scoffed as we left the vicinity of our hotel, James stating he knew a small cafe around the area that has killer brunch food.

The concert was not until tomorrow, meaning that hopefully, people were thinking that Harry would not be in Nashville until the actual day of the show, which was usually how it went at the moment.

"Oh, here we are," James said, as we stopped outside a building with a sign that read 'Another Broken Egg Cafe.'

"This place, really James?" Ruby questioned as we followed James inside, Harry and I laughing at the fact that this was the place that James had chosen for brunch. Another Broken Egg Cafe was a series of chain breakfast, brunch and lunch restaurants around the United States and while they do a mean bacon and eggs, I would have thought that James would have picked somewhere slightly more unique to the city.

"Hey! Don't judge me, they do my favourite crab cakes," James stated with a small smile on his face as we sat down at a table for four, Harry once again, sitting next to me. We had not addressed the incident at the club in Los Angeles the other night and I really do not think that we ever will, but the way that Harry has been acting the last couple of days, makes it seem like he wants to.