Nobody but Us

2nd of April 2018

The minute we touched down in Italy, Harry and I were separated by work.

For the last 36 hours I only saw Harry when we were in bed, too exchanged to have a conversation about anything at all.

I was either half asleep when he got back from having meetings, interviews and dinners with people that Jeff decided he needed to meet; Harry barely awake each morning I got up to have meetings with different styling clients and the firm that I work for.

Plus, I spent all day working on looks with other stylists and designers in our Italian office, often not getting back to the hotel until it was well after dinner, Harry still not even close to being finished with his networking days.

So it was safe to say I was feeling slightly disconnected from Harry, which hurt my heart slightly. I knew it was all apart of our jobs being so hectic and slightly stressful sometimes, but a part of me wished that we got to spend uninterrupted time together for more than 12 hours.

Especially as we were in Italy, which is one of Harry's favourite countries and I knew how excited he was to be here, even for a short time before we head to Germany and then back home to England for a couple of days.

With the Met Gala only weeks away, I had countless online meetings and phone calls with stylists, designers, hair and makeup people, you name it. Between the Met Gala, which I would not be attending to help out the celebrities styled by Gucci who I was still on loan to and, being on tour with Harry, I have had barely anytime for myself lately.

I found myself dozing off for what seemed like the one hundredth time that day, when I was awakened by Ruby who had a frustrated looked on her face.

"What Rubes?" I yawned from my spot on the couch of the green room, James, Ruby and myself the only three people in here, as I had just wrapped up my last meeting for the day and I had some time to waste before show prep began, so I decided a nap was the way to go.

"James and I want to get some coffee, do you want to come?" she asked and I nodded, swinging my legs clumsily off the couch, my black Prada loafers hitting the floor with a thud before I picked up my bag that was sitting on the floor and following my two best friends out the door.

We walked in unison, chatting to each other about seemingly nothing as we headed out the back of the venue and quickly walked away from the hoards of people that we were already waiting outside, which seemed like it was in the thousands.

The streets of Milan were full of people, smiles etched upon faces, Mums with their daughters holding hands as they skipped down the street; boys laughing with their friends in school uniform as they clutched coffees in their hands. 

"Does anybody know any good coffee spots around here?" James asked and Ruby and I shook our heads, neither of us having spent much time in Milan before.

"This place looks nice," I said gesturing to a small coffee shop on the corner of the street, people flowing in and out of the place with drink and food in hand, which indicated to me that it must be alright.

"As long as they give me a semi-decent long black and a muffin, I'm fine with it," Ruby said firmly and I laughed at her, the determined look on her face making her look slightly menacing as we walked into the cafe, the sign about the counter reading 'Orsonero Coffee,' all three of us making our way to the counter, ordering our food and coffee in broken Italian, which always amused me slightly, however Ruby took Italian throughout high school so she was the best out of the three of us.