Best Song Ever

31st of December 2017

"Is this okay?" Lauren asked me as I sat on the edge of the bed in Harry's spare room. She was wearing a tight black long sleeve mini dress with strappy black heels, her soft brown hair in soft waves, falling down her back.

"You look very pretty," I said honestly, knowing she was nervous because Niall was going to be here and she has not seen him since we were in Phoenix in November.

"You sure it isn't too much?" she asked and I shook my head before gesturing to my own outfit of a gold sequin top and a white silk midi skirt, wearing a pair of nude heels to draw the outfit together.

"Lauren I am literally wearing a sequin top, you look great I promise," I said warmly, Lauren let out a sigh before smoothing her dress down and grabbing her glass of red wine that was sitting on the drawers by the window.

"As do you, Anna," she said softly and I grinned before standing up, saying we should probably head downstairs to where Harry was by himself, making sure that everything was in order before people began to arrive in just under ten minutes.

"Niall will be so excited to see you," I said happily, the two of us leaving Harry's spare room where Lauren will be staying tonight, and every night until she needs to head back home to Manchester in the coming days.

"I'm nervous," she said truthfully as we reached the staircase and I sighed, Lauren, giving me a nervous smile as I gripped her hands gently. "We have only texted a few times since November, we see practically nothing, Anna."

"Laureennnn come on! He's thought that you are well fit from day one," I laughed, knowing it was the truth. "Just snog him tonight and see where it leads you."

Lauren has had two serious relationships in her life, one with a boy named Luca in high school, and then a second with her university girlfriend Mila, which lasted the whole time she was in university before Lauren eventually ended the relationship when they finished university, saying that things were just not working out for the two of them.

"Okay, if you say so," she said nonchalantly and I giggled as we headed down the stairs and to the kitchen where Harry was making sure that everything was in order.

There was enough alcohol in the house to sink a ship and I was absolutely blown away at just how beautifully everything had come together.

Harry had enlisted the help of a party planner to make sure that everything was perfect for tonight, and of course, it was, because Harry knew exactly what he wanted and it was executed to perfection.

Lauren and I found Harry in the backyard where he was making sure the sound system was ready to go, hiring a DJ as well for the evening so he did not have to worry about controlling the music for the night.

He looked ridiculously beautiful, wearing the gingham red and white suit he had worn at his album release, however, instead of black loafers he was wearing leather brown boots.

"Place looks wicked Haz, well done," Lauren said with a grin, making Harry smile as we walked over to him.

"Cheers Lauren," he said happily, grinning as he looked me up and down. "You two both look lovely."

"Just lovely?" I questioned sarcastically, both of them rolling their eyes at me as I reached Harry, giving him a soft kiss on the cheek.