Wanted

24th of April 2018

"And then what?" James asked me as we sat backstage in the green room, listening to Harry and the band sound check for the concert tonight.

It was a typical Melbourne day, that being it had not stopped raining since we woke up this morning, so we all decided to just come and hang out at the venue, all of us alternating between doing other work for other clients, watching episodes of Brooklyn 99 on Ruby's laptop, and our favourite past time, gossiping with a cup of tea in hand.

"Well, we kind of just left it at that," I said, ignoring the dumbfounded look on James' face from across the room.

"You two actually infuriate me," Ruby said from next to me before downing what I think was her third cup of tea for the day. "Why can't you just sort things out, you are soulmates!"

I rolled my eyes at her, as it felt like we have had this conversation a thousand times over, and I was starting to get sick of it.

"You know how Harry is, he can't communicate to save his life," I said. "Like, I actually think if he was dying and had to tell someone what was wrong with him, he couldn't even manage that."

"Arrogant son of a bitch," James said.

"Preach it ," Ruby added.

"Anyways, it's fine. Hopefully we can sort things out and everything will go back to normal," I said, lying through my teeth.

There was no way things were going back to normal for Harry and I, especially not with Camille and Thomas now involved. Or should I say, especially now that Camille is involved.

I felt guilty for hating someone I had never met, but the photos of her and Harry, and the whisperings about her, had my stomach in a knot.

Not to mention she is fucking stunning, and a Victoria Secret model, making me feel even more insecure about the whole situation, which I know is ridiculous but I simply cannot help it.

Considering many of Harry's ex-girlfriends are models or musicians or actresses, the thought of another model being obsessed with him made me want to throw up, but instead of voicing my anxiety about the whole situation to my two best friends, I decided to do what I do best, and just bottle it up inside of me and tell nobody about it.

We fell into a silence after that, all of us working away on our laptops for the rest of the afternoon, headphones in and not moving from our spots, except to make more cups of tea or to grab a snack from the fridge.

Harry and the band slowly drifted into the green room throughout the afternoon, with Ruby, James and I helping them get ready for the show slowly; applying finishing touches of makeup, fixing hair and making last minute outfit changes.

Harry was the last to appear, dripping with sweat which tells me he had been working out since they finished soundcheck a little over an hour ago.

"You need to shower before anyone does anything to you," I said with a laugh, trying to make sure that everything seemed normal to people on the outer.

"Yes boss," Harry said with a small grin on his face, which made my heart flutter slightly, and the delusional girl in me felt like everything was okay for a minute, from just one simple, almost very basic interaction.

My eyes lingered on him as he headed into the bathroom before Jeff burst into the room, telling us that dinner would be arriving shortly and that everyone needed to have some sort of urgency about them.

Since my job was always last, I went back to working on my laptop while Harry went to have a shower and James and Ruby started to get their things ready.