Anna

14th of October 2017

He was nervous and I was confused. He never got this nervous before shows, like, ever. Even though he had not said anything, I knew that he was nervous.

He had gotten ready obscenely early and was now sitting on a singular plastic white chair in the corner of the room, his legs crossed and his arms folded. His brows were furrowed and his eyes dark, darting around the room like he was afraid of something.

I was sitting on the couch with Ruby in my houndstooth blazer and skirt, my black platform Doc Martens resting heavily on the ground as I looked at Harry every so often, wondering what the hell was up with him.

"Alright guys, show time!" Jeff exclaimed out of the middle of nowhere and I watched Harry as he stood up, wiping his hands on his pants before sending me a nervous smile and walking out of the room with Jeff and the band.

"What the hell is wrong with Harry?" James asked we quickly began cleaning the room, not wanting to miss a minute of the last show before we have a short break.

"I don't know, he has been acting weird ever since Austin," I said shrugging my shoulders as I made sure all the clothing options were hanging on the rack, which meant my work was done.

"Have you kissed him since Irving?" Ruby asked and I shook my head, both of them gasping and giving me disappointed looks.

"What? Why?" James asked as he finished packing his bag, Ruby zipping yo her makeup bag at the same time.

"I don't know, there just hasn't been the right time I guess," I said simply as we walked out of the dressing room and quickly down the hallway to side stage, knowing Harry was performing a new song tonight, all of us ridiculously excited what masterpiece he has created now.

"I mean we walked in on you two almost kissing the other day," Ruby said with a smirk and I felt my cheeks blush in the darkness, remembering the feeling I got of our legs touching and how his eyes kept darting between my lips and my eyes.

"Yeah but we didn't kiss, did we?" I questioned and both of them shook their head at me as we sat down on a giant black box that was used to store stage equipment, our eyes immediately fixated on Harry, as he tends to have that affect on people.

It was nearing the end of the show when he begun to strum his guitar to the tune of a song nobody had ever heard before. It was upbeat and fun but nothing could have prepared me for the lyrics of the song.

"Don't know where you're laying, just know it's not with me. Don't know what I'd tell you if I passed you on the street," he sung and before he sung the next lyrics, he turned side stage and looked at me, sending me a nervous smile and then I finally understood why he had been acting so weird for so long.

"I don't want your sympathy but you don't know what you do to me, oh Anna! Every time I see your face there's only so much I can take, oh Anna!" Harry sung and I was absolutely gobsmacked to say the least.

"What the hell," I said, my hands now covering my mouth as I was afraid I might scream. I was so overwhelmed by what was happening, that I had no idea how to react to the whole situation. I knew Ruby and James were just as shocked as I was, as neither of them were saying anything to me.

"Don't know how you taste, when there's smoke in your perfume. Chew me up and spit me out, nothing left to lose," he sung, the crowd going wild for the song that was presumably about me and I knew Harry was thriving off the audience reaction but I was still absolutely perplexed as to why he would write a song about me.