2

Abi's P.O.V.

Beep... Beep.... Beep. It was all I could hear, I tried opening my eyes but the lights were so bright that I had to squeeze them shut again. The beeping continued and I had no clue where I was, then I heard two voices slowly get closer.

"How is she Bruce?" One voice asked, definitely a male's voice.

"Well she's alive. I managed to remove the bullet and stitch the wound but I got this in return." The other voice said, another guy.

I heard the rustling of clothes, it sounded as if one of them was rolling up their sleeves.

"Ooh, that's a pretty nasty burn." The first guy said.

"Yeah not the best, but she's got powers Clint." The second guy, Bruce, said.

My heart started to race and I felt my palms start to get warm, this was not good. I sat bolt upright, the lights not phasing me at this moment in time.

"You need to get out!" I said, almost screaming.

They had scared looks on their faces as flames formed a circle around my bed. The guy with dark hair and glasses didn't have to be told twice but the other guy was quick to grab a fire extinguisher and put out the flames. I sat with my head in my hands, my head throbbed and I felt my temperature slowly start to decrease back to normal again. My breathing was still really fast though and I knew it was the beginning of a panic attack. I put my hands on my chest as I tried to gulp for breath, this sort of thing always made me think I was going to die, it felt like I was suffocating. I heard the fire extinguisher hit the floor and I felt a body next to me, the guy took my hands in his and I looked up at him.

"Clint be c-" The other guy started but Clint hushed him.

"Hey, hey, look at me, focus on my voice okay? You're going to be fine." He said soothingly, looking into my eyes.

He continued talking to me, slowly calming me down and finally after a minute or so I was back to breathing normally. I felt tears well up in my eyes and before I could fight them back, they spilled down my cheeks. I quickly moved my hands back up to my face to try and hide the tears but I knew it was still obvious because of the way my body was shaking. I flinched when someone put their hand on my shoulder and the sudden movement sent a shooting pain through the wound I had on my side. My screams filled the room and the dark haired guy with glasses came rushing over, lifting the edge of my t-shirt to check the wound. Only when I looked down did I realise I wasn't wearing my own t-shirt and I had a bandage wrapped around my middle. I cowered away, scooting all the way up to the top of the bed, it finally clicked in my head that I had no clue who these guys are nor did know where I was. But one thing I definitely knew was that this wasn't a proper hospital, just looking at my surroundings confirmed that for me.

"Please, I need to check that wound on your side, you might have reopened it and there is a high risk of infection if you have." The guy with glasses said worriedly.

"Wh-where am I?" I stuttered.

"We don't have time fo-" He started but the other guy interrupted.

"We will answer all of your questions in just a minute, but please just let him check you over. He's a doctor, he knows what he's doing, and I'm going to be right here beside you." He said, for some reason his words seemed to calm me down.

I nodded slowly and let the doctor check where I had been shot. He huffed and started to unwrap my bandages, quickly grabbing something to pack the wound with, to soak up the blood.

"You've torn the stitches." The doctor guy said.

I saw him turn to grab a needle and my eyes went wide, the other guy noticed and quickly took my hand in his.