61

Abi's P.O.V.

"Hey." Bruce greeted when we walked in.

"Hey." I said half heartedly as I climbed up onto the bed.

I laid down and lifted my shirt, we carried out the same routine as always; he took my blood and my vitals before doing an ultra sound. Tears still pricked the edge of my eyes when I heard the baby's heart beat, it was amazing.

"Well we are all done here, you are free to go." Bruce said as he handed me some tissue to wipe away the gel stuff on my stomach.

"Thanks Bruce." I said softly as I got down from the bed.

"How many weeks are you now?" Bruce asked.

"9 weeks exactly, I'll be 10 weeks the day after my birthday." I said.

"So it's your birthday in 6 days? That has come around quick." Clint said with a sigh.

"Well today is the 9th of October so yes it's my birthday in 6 days." I said.

"Are you going back to your room?" He asked, quickly changing the subject.

"Yeah." I said, looking down at my feet.

"Okay, I'll meet you there soon, I just need to talk to Bruce." Clint said.

I saw Bruce's eyebrows furrow in confusion, this obviously wasn't preplanned and part of me wanted to know what they were going to talk about, but Clint would probably tell me later. I waved goodbye to them before quickly making my way back to my room, not bothering to stop and chat to anyone on the way back. When I stepped into my room I got a text from Tony: 'Fury has said we can leave now, so pack up your things and meet us out on the runway.' I didn't have to be told twice, my bags were packed up in less than 10 minutes and I made my way through the halls, heading towards the runway. When I stepped out the others were all getting ready to board the quinjet.

"Take care Miss Gilbert." Fury said as I boarded the jet with the others.

I gave him a small nod before taking my seat next to Clint, fear bubbled up inside of me but it was accompanied by happiness; I couldn't wait to get back to the tower but I old have definitely preferred a different mode of transport.

*Time skip 6 days*

I woke up to the sun shining brightly in my face through a crack in the curtain, I let out a groan before rolling over to find Clint was no longer in bed next to me. A few seconds later, the smell of pancakes drifted into the room and a smile spread across my face before I quickly got out of bed, put on one of his t-shirts over my underwear and made my way to the kitchen.

"Something smells good." I commented, making Clint jump a little.

"Happy 21st birthday my love." He said as he pulled me towards him.

"Thanks." I said with a grin as I placed my hands on his chest.

He gently grabbed my chin and tilted my head to the side, a smirk formed on his lips when his eyes scanned over my neck. He pulled me close with his other hand and a shiver ran down my spine when I felt his hot breath on my ear.

"You might want to cover those up." He said before pulling away.

I looked in the glass door of the microwave and realised what he was talking about; the hickeys that covered the side of my neck. My hand flew up instinctively and covered them as what happened last night flashed through my head, I couldn't wipe the smile from my face.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked as he spun me around to face him.

"Just thinking about last night." I said with a smirk.