89

Abi's P.O.V.

A few days after the dress fitting, it was cake day and I was so excited, who wouldn't be? I get an entire day of tasting cake, there isn't anyone in the world who would turn that down and that's a fact. We left the twins with the others, I was a bit worried because of what happened last time but eventually Clint managed to convince me that they would be fine and we set off to the address Pepper gave us.

"You must be Abi and Clint, I'm Nikki." A lady greeted us as we walked in.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you." I said with a smile.

"So when's the big day?" She asked.

"A month today, on the 14th of August." Clint said, squeezing my hand as he smiled down at me.

"Well we had better get started then." She said.

We followed her through to a separate room and laid out on the table were all sorts of different flavoured slices of cake, and they looked amazing; I couldn't wait to taste them.

"We have a range of flavours here, including; vanilla, chocolate fudge, lemon drizzle, carrot, fruit, marble, red velvet, rainbow, sticky toffee, and coffee and walnut. I also have a book of designs if you don't have any ideas of your own already." Nikki said.

"That's great, thank you." I said with a smile.

We tried all of the cakes and she told us which one was which, in the end I was torn between the red velvet and chocolate fudge and Clint liked the sticky toffee. Nikki let us look through her book and Clint flicked through the pages, nothing caught my eye until I quickly stopped Clint on one page.

"That's the ." I said, pointing to one of the designs.

"That's perfect." Clint said with a smile.

"Ah okay, that should be possible, have you decided on a flavour?" Nikki asked.

"We are a bit torn." I said sheepishly.

"The whole cake doesn't have to be the same flavour." She said with a smile.

"Well then, our favourites are chocolate fudge, red velvet and sticky toffee. Oh, and I quite liked the marble cake." Clint said and Nikki quickly wrote them down.

"Do you have a preferred order?" She asked.

"Surprise us." I said.

"That's great, well I'll be in touch and if you need anything then just give me a call." Nikki said as we walked back out.

We thanked her and said our goodbyes before we climbed back into Clint's truck. heading back towards the tower to go and find our babies.

"Well that was a lot easier than I thought it would be." Clint said.

"Yeah, I thought it was going to take a lot longer than two hours." I said.

"Well I'm not complaining, it just means we are one step closer to the big day." He said with a grin.

"I'm so excited." I said happily.

"Me too baby." He said, taking my hand in his and pressing a kiss on the back of it.

"We still need to get the rings remember." I said with a smile.

"I know, but we can do that another day because right now I just want to get back to the tower and spend some time with my three favourite people." He said.

It didn't take long to get back to the tower and when we did, we found Sam and Steve in the living room with the twins but the others were nowhere in sight.