68

Clint's P.O.V.

"Clint!" Someone hissed as they shook me.

I opened my eyes tiredly and looked over to see Abi sat up with a grin plastered on her face, I glanced past her at the alarm clock to see it was 7am; way too early to be awake.

"Why are you up so early?" I groaned.

"The babies just moved, I felt it." She said happily.

I sat bolt upright and turned to her, quickly resting my hands on her stomach in the hopes that I might be able to feel some sort of movement. A minute or so passed and I was just about to remove my hands when there was a kick underneath each of my hands, my eyes went wide and a smile spread across my face. I couldn't believe it, I'd never felt anything like this before and because it was my babies it just felt surreal; after joining SHIELD I had never imagined having a family because it would just be something people could use against me but right now there was nothing I wanted more than to have Abi as my wife and to meet the twins.

"Get up, we are going out today." She said as she climbed out of bed.

"But Angel it's only 7:30am, it's too early." I groaned, laying back down.

"Angel? That's a new one." She said, a smile playing on her lips.

"Well after seeing you looking like an angel last night, I thought it fit pretty well." I said, unable to wipe the smile from my face.

"I like it." She said with a quick nod.

I grinned and opened my arms to her, she sighed before climbing back into bed next to me and cuddling close into me. Her head rested on my chest and she tangled her legs with mine as I wrapped my arms around her, a content sigh escaped my lips as we lay together like that.

"We need to make the most of little things like this because when those two come along there isn't going to be much time for relaxing for a while." I said, both of us chuckling at the thought.

"Don't think you're going to get out of helping in the night just because you're a heavy sleeper because I will not hesitate to wake you up." She said, grinning up at me.

"Trust me, I know and that's why I'm trying to get in as much sleep as possible now." I said as I let my eyes drift shut.

Her sweet laugh filled my ears as sleep engulfed me once more and it wasn't until a little while later I was woken up by the smell of food. I sat up to see Abi walking in with a tray of food, specifically pancakes, and she sent the tray on my lap before climbing into bed next to me.

"Did you make these?" I asked, a mouthful of pancake muffling the question slightly.

"No, Bruce did and everyone else ate nearly all of them so I got you some before they were all gone. I didn't want you missing out." She said as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"You're too good to me." I said, kissing the end of her nose.

She looked so adorable as she scrunched up her nose and furrowed her eyebrows at my actions, I chuckled before finishing off my pancakes.

"Now you need to get up and get ready because I want to go out for a walk." Abi whined.

I sighed before getting up, realising she had changed out of her pyjamas already, and I quickly showered in record time; I didn't want to keep her waiting any longer.

"Ready?" I asked as I slipped on my coat and combat boots.

"Yeah!" She said excitedly as she looked out the window at the snow.