Epilogue

Abi's P.O.V.

"Morgan, Esme, Carson, Walker, Axel, Maddy, dinner!" I called and chuckled to myself, there were so many kids running around now.

Carson was Chloe and Alex's little boy, he was born a few weeks before Morgan; Tony and Pepper's daughter who I carried for them, and once she was born I took Clint on a couple's getaway, then 9 months later Esme came along. It was a bit of a shock but Maddy was over the moon to find out she would be getting a baby sister and it was nice to even things up. Esme Natalia Barton was born on the 5th of July and it was nice to have a summer baby, but her birthday was the day after independence day so that was slightly annoying. Axel and Maddy  were now 8 and 1/2, Walker was 7 years old, Morgan and Carson are 4 and 1/2 and Esme was almost 4, I couldn't believe how quick the time had gone, it was saddening but amazing to watch them all grow too. Esme was the only one out of all 4 of our children that had my hair colour, but she also had Clint's eye colour and with my dark hair it really made her eyes stand out.

"Look at all of them, they're growing up so quickly." Pepper said from beside me.

"I know, before we know it they'll all be off at college and leading their own lives." I said with a sigh.

"Don't say that, I'm scared for Morgan to start kindergarten, I don't even want to think about college." She said, making me chuckle.

"Esme can't wait, the other three have told her all about it so she's super excited, I just want to freeze them like this so they don't grow up." I said and Pepper agreed as we found the others in the kitchen all sat around the table.

Tony and Clint were trying to get some sort of control over the situation but the kids were all ignoring them, about to grab handfuls of the food we had laid out on the table.

"Hey, stop right there! Go and wash your hands." I said, raising my voice slightly.

They all froze before rushing off to the bathroom, I smirked at the two guys who just looked completely confused at what had just happened.

"I still don't understand how you do that." Clint said, coming over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You might be the superhero out there, but in here I'm the hero." I said with a grin, making all three of them laugh.

Just as all the kids took their seats around the table, I heard a car pull up in the drive and I looked out the window to see Alex and Chloe on their way towards the house. The kids finished eating and Chloe and Alex stayed for a little while to chat but they had to leave pretty soon and took Carson with them. We sent the kids upstairs to change into their pyjamas and get into bed as it was getting late and we had a big day planned for tomorrow so they needed the rest. The evening passed quickly and we eventually all agreed it was time to head to bed, I changed into one of Clint's t-shirts and climbed into bed, resting my head on his chest and listening to the constant beating of his heart.

"I love you so much you know." I said against his chest.

"Of course I do, and I love you too." He said, kissing the top of my head before he drifted off to sleep.

It took me a little longer to get to sleep, I couldn't quite figure out what it was but I had a bad feeling about something and it was keeping me up. Eventually I fell asleep, pushing the thought to the back of my mind and trying to bury it the best I could but that night my sleep was plagued by nightmares, each of them showing me different scenarios of awful events. The next morning, I didn't mention it to Clint, or anyone for that matter, and just tried to carry on as normal, well normal for us anyway. We set off on the hike that Tony and Clint had decided was a good idea, but I'm pretty sure about half way through they were regretting their decision as the kids had done nothing but complain since we left the house.