100

Abi's P.O.V.

"Happy Birthday Pepper!" I said with a grin as we stepped out of the elevator, pulling her into a hug.

"You guys! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" She asked.

"Tony wanted it to be a surprise." I said.

"Where are the twins and Walker?" She asked.

"Clint's aunt and uncle are babysitting, we're staying the night but we have to go home tomorrow night." I said.

"Well at least you're here and I'm not going to have to go through this party alone." She said and I chuckled.

"We can suffer through together." I said and she laughed.

Tony had wanted to throw her a huge party but Pepper refused and they ended up compromising; Tony set up a smaller party here at the tower for her, about 40 people invited and Pepper was happy with that.

"How did the doctor's appointment go?" I asked, pulling her off to the side.

"They aren't able to operate so the only way would be to use a surrogate, but it's going to be hard to find one who's going to be genuine because of Tony." She said with a sigh.

"It'll all work out for you Pepper, I know it will; you both deserve it more than anything." I said with a smile.

She gave me another quick hug before Clint called us both back to where everyone else was, wanting to give Pepper her gift before we all had to go and get ready for the party as we had arrived late. We ended up getting her a necklace and inside the little heart pendant were a couple of photos; one of her and I, one of her and Tony, one of her, Tony, Clint and I and the last slot was empty.

"I thought that last one could be used for a photo when you guys finally get your wish." I whispered as she pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you." She said, choking back a sob.

We all finished helping Tony decorate for the party before we all dispersed to get changed, Clint and I made our way back to our old room and found it hadn't been touched since we left which made me smile a little.

"I'm going to have a shower, are you planning on showering?" I asked him.

"If that's an offer." He said with a smirk, pulling me close to him by my hips.

"Clint, no funny business remember? And besides, we don't have time for that but you're welcome to join me if you want." I said with a smile.

"Let's go." He said with a grin.

We showered and it took longer than it should have, mainly due to the fact that Clint had me pinned to the wall and his lips were on mine pretty much the second we stepped into the shower. We quickly got out and changed into our outfits for the evening, managing to match our colours without even meaning to; Clint wore a whilst I was wearing a , we both chuckled when we saw each other before we headed to where the party had already started. The place was already full of people and we made a beeline for Tony and Pepper who were stood by the bar.

"If getting married means wearing matching clothes then I'm not sure I'm 100% for it anymore." Tony joked and Pepper smacked his arm.

"Ignore him, you both look amazing, he's only jealous because we aren't matching." Pepper said with a smile.

"Uh so not true." Tony said, making Clint and I chuckle.

"You look great Pepper, and so do you Tony don't worry." I said with a grin as Clint ordered us each a drink.

We all talked for a while, the team sort of drifted in and out of the conversations along with a few others who joined to wish Pepper a happy birthday but as the early hours of the morning rolled in, most of the guests had disappeared. I had Clint's jacket draped around my shoulders and I was sat between his legs on the floor with my back rested against his chest, the others all sat around on the couches and we caught up on what Clint and I had missed whilst we were away. We played a few games and ate cold pizza at 2am, it was so amazing; seeing everyone again and it all felt like normal again, like when we were all living together. It felt weird not having the twins and Walker to look after, it was like when I first met the team; all I had to worry about was keeping Clint happy and spending time with him, but lately we've barely been able to have two minutes to ourselves. An idea suddenly popped into my head and I pulled my phone out, making sure Clint couldn't see the screen and I text Chloe, asking for a favor from her and Alex.

"Well it's almost 3am and I don't know about you guys but I'm exhausted so I'm going to head to bed." Clint said.

"I'll join you." I said as the others all mumbled their agreements.

We all said our goodnight's and our final happy birthday's to Pepper before we all retreated to our rooms for the night, Clint stripped down to his boxers whilst I quickly slipped off my dress and stole one of his t-shirts to sleep in.

"Who were you texting just a minute ago?" He asked as I climbed into bed beside him.

"Chloe." I said as I yawned.

"Why? It's a little late isn't it?" He said.

"It's a surprise." I said with a grin, rolling onto my stomach and pressing my lips against his.

"Oooh, a surprise." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You have such a dirty mind Clint Barton." I said, chuckling as I shook my head.

"You love it." He said with a grin.

"That I do." I said as he pulled me in for another kiss.

"I love you." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I said before we both drifted off to sleep.

I woke the next morning to find the bed empty beside me, I pulled on some sweatpants before heading towards the kitchen for some breakfast, the others had already beat me there though and there were stacks of pancakes on two plates in the middle of the table.

"These smell great." I said, sitting beside Clint and resting my head on his shoulder.

We all sat around and ate the pancakes that I quickly found out Bruce had made, before we all left to get ready for the day. Clint and I quickly got changed before we asked Jarvis to get Tony and Pepper to meet us on the roof.

"What's going on?" Tony asked when he and Pepper saw us.

"Well there's part of Pepper's birthday present that we didn't give to her yesterday, it's sort of a gift to both of you." I said.

"What's this?" Pepper asked as I handed her a pack of papers.

"That is the results to my screening tests to say I'm clear to be a surrogate and also forms in there for us to fill in for me to be your surrogate." I said with a grin.

Tears filled both of their eyes and Pepper let out a sob as Tony pulled her into a hug, they both cried a little as they held each other and it brought tears to my eyes as I hugged Clint.

"Thank you so much." Pepper cried, pulling both of us into a hug.

That was definitely the best birthday gift I'd ever given, and it felt amazing to see how happy they both were, they both deserved this more than anything.