38

Abi's P.O.V.

It had been a couple of hours since we had lost connection to the news camera and despite all of her attempts to try and console me, nothing worked, we couldn't get hold of anyone on their phones either which stressed me out even more. I took my earphones from my room and walked out onto the balcony, turning my music all the way up to drown out any other noise as I took a seat on the floor. I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged myself in a tight ball, resting my head on the railing beside me as hot tears streamed down my cheeks. Clint couldn't be gone, it just couldn't be true.

Tony's P.O.V.

I heard a grunt through the com in my ear and I turned to see Clint's lifeless body fall from the top of the building and hit the floor before I could stop him. I flew over there quickly, he didn't look good at all.

"Bruce now!" I yelled through the com.

I heard the Hulk roar as he ran through the city, leaving a path of destruction in his wake whilst I stayed with Clint to fend off anyone that tried to come near.

"Cap, I've got a visual on the doctor," I heard Natasha say through the earpiece in my ear.

"If you can take him, do it." Steve instructed.

A few minutes later, all the people that had been trying to attack us dropped to the floor as if they'd all just been killed.

"Done." Nat grunted.

I watched as the people slowly got up, looking around in confusion at their surroundings. At least they weren't dead.

"Nat you need to deal with Bruce, I'll get SHIELD to send another quinjet for you. We can't wait around, Clint is in critical state." I said.

"Everyone but Nat get to the quinjet now." Steve ordered.

I scooped Clint's body up and flew us to where the quinjet had been, strapping him down on a gurney before taking a seat in the pilot's seat, where Clint had sat on the way here.

"Everyone strap in, we need to go now." I said.

We set off and I set the jet to autopilot before rushing over to Clint. I hooked him up to a heart rate monitor, his heart rate was critically low but just enough to be alive although he was showing no signs of waking.

"Nat, how's it going with Bruce?" I asked over the com.

"We are right behind you." She said.

"Good, because Bruce is going to have a serious job on his hands when we get back to the tower. Clint still wont wake up." I said.

I heard her sigh and mutter something to Bruce, she never replied to me so I went back to the pilot's seat, flying in the direction of the tower. Just over an hour later I landed the jet and we rushed Clint down to the lab, Bruce arriving a few minutes after us and ushering us all out. We all stood outside the glass doors as we looked inside, watching Bruce work on Clint but after about 10 minutes I decided to go up and see Pepper and Abi. When I stepped out of the elevator Pepper engulfed me in a hug then slapped my chest.

"You need to learn to answer your god damn phone! I've been worried sick, trying to call you for the last few hours. We watched it on the TV, we heard Clint was down then Hulk roared and everything went black." She said.

"I'm sorry, I left my phone here. Where is Abi?" I asked.

She turned and pointed, I looked out onto the balcony and saw Abi sat out there, curled up into a ball as she rested against the railing.

"How is Clint?" She asked cautiously.

"He's alive, but he's not waking up." I said with a sigh.