Chapter 1 - In A Year

♪ ♪ ♪

"... and 5, 6, 7, 8!"

Striking the final pose, I finally completed my new choreography, "Well done Y/N! That was amazing!" I thanked my dance teacher, Ara Cho, as she applauded, "All right! From the top, girl!"

It has been a year since my confession on the beach. Everything had finally calmed down and I was able to pursue my career as an idol.

My previous manager, who's currently my boss, had a crazy idea of opening an entertainment company himself and so now I'm here, as his first idol. I was assigned a new manager, Jung Jinyoung; a smart, handsome, and lovely manager.

Though I wasn't as famous as BTS, considering that I was doing well in just a year, I was pretty proud of myself. I just enjoyed doing what I loved and nothing else.

"Y/N! You have an interview in 2 hours!" Jinyoung called out from the studio door. "Yes!" I replied as I danced to the music.

"Y/N! Left! Not right! You swing your arm to the left! Not right!" Ara complained.

"Sorry unnie~," I said, swiftly shifting my arm to the left in sync with the music.

My relationship with BTS was just as normal as ever. We were best friends! But a majority of the time, their manly and romantic gestures always reminded me that they were 'chasing' me. After a year of touchiness and faint intimacy, I've sort of got used to their loving gestures but they still managed to send shivers and burn my delicate cheeks every time. Sometimes, I would feel strong feelings for one Oppa but then another would immediately steal my attention away.

And I would return to Square 1.

It was complicated...

...

"Good evening, everyone. This is Seoul Radio brought to you live. I'm your host, Jo Youngmin. Today we have a special guest with us. She debuted about a year ago and is rocketing up in her career in such a short time. Please welcome Y/N!"

"Haha! Thank you Youngmin. It's great to be here!" I said in the mic at the radio station.

"It's amazing to meet you Y/N! Thanks for joining us this evening!" He greeted, enthusiastically. We talked about the basic topics regarding my everyday life and joked around.

"Well, Y/N! Your fans are killing me to ask you some of their questions! So let us begin before they come and get me!" He said anxiously while I laughed at his comicalness.

"So...Y/N, you were the main actor in ❤XXX XXX XXX❤. Where did you disappear after that?"

"Ah~Well, I was put in a situation where I needed some time off from the entertainment area and after everything was sorted, I decided to come back!" I replied, as professional as I can.

He nodded, "The ending to the drama was such a cliffhanger. If you had to pick someone, who would you choose?"

I slightly flinched, "That's a difficult question! I loved working with each one of them so, in reality, I can't pick anyways! BTS is an amazing group that I really admire, as well as other idol bands, so rather than picking them individually, I do see them as a whole group. They're not BTS without them all together!"

Youngmin grinned, "Love your answer, Y/N. Absolutely true! Next question!"

The questions flowed through as time passed without warning, "Last question Y/N! And an interesting one! Do you believe in sirens; mermaids who eat humans as food?"

My eyebrows raised at the unexpected question, "How unusual! Well, I do believe that there's magic in this world. You can never stop your imagination from running wild so I'd love to say that I do believe in them but I truly hope they don't exist because...who wants to be eaten?"

He laughed at my response, "Haha! There you have it, everyone! I'm sorry that we didn't go through every single question! There's just too many of them! Thank you again Y/N for coming! Hope everything goes well for you in your career! We hope to have you again in our humble studio~"

"Thank you Youngmin for having me and to everyone for listening to me tonight! It's been an absolute pleasure. Love you guys! Mwa!"

...

"Great job today, Y/N! I'll see you at the recording studio tomorrow!" Jinyoung bid farewell after dropping me off near the park.

I never told him or anyone in the company where I lived, just in case he saw BTS, to avoid difficult consequences, "Thank you, Manager-nim! Goodnight!"

Walking along the concrete pavement, I bathed in the luminous rays of the moon.

"Excuse me, young lady..." I heard a croaky, weak voice from the park. Turning around, I saw an older woman sitting at a bench. Immediately, I walked over, worried if she needed assistance. " Could you please help me? I need to get home, but I can't walk any further," she asked in exhaustion.

In a heartbeat, I held onto her arms, "Of course Ajumma! You lead the way!" Her wrinkles tightened as she smiled, "...thank you."

After a few twists and turns, the air seasoned with salt. I could hear the crashing of water against rigid surfaces, 'Hmm?' and I found myself at the beach. "A-Ajumma, is this the location? This is the beach..." My eyes remained on the ocean ahead of me, where the milky moon highlighted its cerulean features.

"...I know. Thank you, young lady..." She said. "What do you me-?" I turned my head in confusion but,

She disappeared.

'W-what the...? I was holding onto her arm a second ago...' I panicked in disbelief. Doing a 360° turn, I checked thoroughly of my surroundings but she truly vanished, 'W-what the heck?'

The waves began to pound onto shore harder; the ominous sound of water spread throughout the plains of dry land. 'The water seems darker than usual...'

Feeling uneasy, I instantly bolted for home.

"I-i'm home~" As I entered the door, the delicious aroma of dinner tickled my nose. 'Oh! They're eating!' Immediately, all 7 were blocking my view, "Welcome home Y/N~! Come and eat!"

Before I entered the dining room, everyone immediately rushed to where I sat, and they began to fight for my chair. I giggled at their ridiculousness. It has already been a year, and they continued to do this.

"Come, Y/N~" I chuckled as the winner pulled out my chair while the others groaned in defeat.

"Thank you, Jin~" he blew me a mini, loving kiss as he returned to his seat.

In the calm atmosphere, we talked as usual but in the back of my mind, the mysterious disappearance of the old woman still lingered to perplex me.

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻