Chapter 3 - Tea soaked in Red

"Welcome home, Y/N."

I flinched at the startling voice, "Jin! You frightened me! Where are the others?"

Standing near the kitchen, he sweetly smiled, "They're still busy~ Come and rest! I'll make you some tea!"

I sat on the couch as he disappeared into the kitchen, 'That's weird. Jin would normally do something flirtatious when I arrived home. But now...he's...normal??'

He walked out with a cup of freshly brewed tea, "I hope it's nice. I haven't mastered the recipe. "

The dark red liquid swayed in my fingers, "...Thanks, Jin-oppa!"

I sipped on the tea, the sweetness drifted along my tongue, "Woah! This is good." He smirked rather...wickedly, "I'm glad you like it."

Jin remained in the kitchen as I resumed drinking. I placed the empty cup on the coffee table and suddenly, my body flushed in painful heat like I was being boiled into human soup. My chest felt itchy and drops of sweat rained upon me.

"W-what the hell?" I immediately tried standing up; my legs wobbled, struggling to keep my body upright. I staggered to the kitchen, "J-Jin...I feel-"

Jin wasn't there, 'H-huh?'

"So it really is you~" I heard a female voice. "W-who's there?!" I saw nobody around me and my head began pounding hard.

"...I won't come for you yet~Let's have some fun, Y/N~" the voice echoed along the walls of the empty house, "W-who are you?!"

"We're home Y/N~!" BTS's cheerful voice rang through my ears but the world instantly blacked out before I fainted to the floor.

...

I woke up to the soft calls of dawn in a familiar room. I realised I was in my own bed, 'What happened?'

The door gradually opened as I sat up, "You're awake Y/N!" At the door, I saw Jin holding a breakfast tray.

Immediately, the blood drained from my body and I leapt out of bed, crashing my back against the wall as I backed away from him, "What's wrong Y/N?" he placed the tray on my bedside table and hurriedly walked towards me, "Don't come near me!!!" I screamed, causing him to flinch.

I trembled in fright. "...Y/N, it's just me," he said softly and stalked closer. I shut my eyes tight, 'H-he's not Jin. I-i don't know this person. I-i don't know this...'

A hand ruffled my hair — Jin's muscular hand — and his lips touched my cheek as his warmth spread throughout. I hesitantly opened my eyes to see Jin smiling; his affectionate grin, 'I-it's...Jin...' and under a second, I wept while embracing him firmly, scared yet relieved, "Y-Y/N, w-what's wrong?"

The door instantly opened, "Y/N! Is everything okay?!" Taehyung shouted.

"Jin-hyung! What did you do to her?" Jimin asked as everyone rushed in. Sobbing against Jin's firm chest, my arms remained securely wrapped around him as his hands rubbed my back, comforting me, before picking me up and placing me back on the bed.

"...I-i'm fine. I-it was just a terrible nightmare."

"You really scared us last night, Y/N! Suddenly fainting when we just arrived home...do you know how scary that is?!!" Yoongi exclaimed, anxiously looking at me. I looked down in guilt, "S-sorry."

"You were burning up really badly last night. If you had a fever, why did you go to work?" Namjoon asked seriously.

"I was fine at work but...after I returned home..." I shivered at the thought of last night.