Chapter 24 - Queen of the Sirens

From that point on, the siren searched the entire ocean for the one destined female. However, nothing responded to the black blood - no glow, no bubbling, nothing.

Soon, centuries had passed. Her son gradually developed into a handsome young siren. When he turned 1800 years old, he was able to explore the ocean and land in freedom. However, the siren had warned him to not get too close to humans or any remaining mer-people. She never told him why or who he really was or what she planned to do with his future. Time passed again but the siren still hadn't found his destined partner.

One night, the siren sat among the rocks along the beach. She sat in silence, staring at the moon until something caught her attention. The Queen's blood, contained in a tiny glass capsule began to glow. It wasn't intense, but it was glowing. Her eyes widened in bewilderment and scanned her surroundings, "She's here somewhere..."

Ditching the rocks, she dived into the water. The further she swan, the dimmer the glow became, "What? Why are you not glowing anymore?!" Frustrated, she returned to the rocks and the blood illuminated again, "...Why?" She looked upon the land beyond the rocks, beyond the beach - into the world of humans.

"...A human?" She cursed under her breath, "What the hell...how can the blood respond to a human being...after all these years, I thought I was going to find an ordinary siren...this is messed up." I stared at the blood which shined beautifully in my hand, "This is the Queen's blood - my sister's blood - I should trust it."

Using her magic, she transformed into a human being - just like those times when she visited the human world with her lover. She didn't know where she was going but she followed the intensity of the light. When it glowed more intensely, she knew she was getting close. As she walked through several streets, she casually strolled past a cosy house but the light began diminishing and she looked at the house she just passed, "She's here..."

Casting a spell upon her, she teleported into the common building, 'What a boring place to live.' On the couch, I saw a couple cuddling together, 'Ugh...disgusting.' I looked at the woman, 'She's the one?'

Knowing they could not see her, she walked in front of them, staring at the woman who was sweetly humming in her man's arms. The siren lifted a finger to send them to sleep until the woman opened her mouth, "Dear, I have something to say..."

Curious, the siren waited, "I'm...pregnant." The man's eyes widened before he smiled, "Really?! I-i'm going to be a father?" She nodded in bliss as they kissed. The siren scoffed and flicked her finger, immediately sending them to sleep as they fully collapsed on the couch.

"Hmm~ So you're pregnant? Well, that doesn't matter~ I'll just kill it~" Smirking, she opened the bottle of blood and pulled on the woman's lips. But the light immediately drowned in darkness and she pulled back, closing the lid of the capsule, "Hmm?" The light came back again.

"What the hell is wrong with this blood!? If it's not this woman, then who is it?!" she screamed in frustration. Among the anger, she accidentally threw the bottle where it landed on the woman's stomach and the light flashed in a blinding radiance. The siren stared at the glowing bottle in confusion before her eyes settled in realisation, "It's not the woman...it's the baby..." Lifting the bottle, the light soon diminished completely. She caressed the stomach, unconscious of her smile, "I finally found you~"

For over the past 10 months, the siren watched the couple to ensure the baby was safe. And at the hospital, she leaned by the wall and watched the pregnant woman in agony. She sensed something was wrong, '...the baby...is going to die...'

The doctor shook his head, "Sir...can I have a word with you?" Calling out her lover, the two walked out of the room while the nurses cared for the woman. I followed them out, "Sir...that baby is not going to make it...and it's too late for a C-section...I'm afraid she and the baby will..."

The doctor hesitated to finish his sentence. The man looked enraged, "Are you kidding me?! Are you a doctor or not?! You better save both of them or else I will-" With a flick of the finger, the siren commanded everything to stop. The entire hospital froze, as if time had never existed. Only the screams of the woman rang through her ears while she also panicked at the sudden situation

"E-everything froze..." the woman clearly gasped.

The siren walked into the room where the woman met her eyes, "W-who... are you? What's going on?" she smirked, "Congratulations on your pregnancy, Ma'am~ I'm here to help you~" her eyes narrowed, "I'm sure you can already tell but in your circumstances, you and the baby will die."

The woman began to cry and the siren lovingly stroked her head, "Not to worry...I have something that will help you...but...on one condition~"

The woman stared into her eyes, "W-what is it? I'll do anything!" The siren's eyes flickered with excitement, "You...will give me your child..." The woman's eyes widened in disbelief, "W-what?"

She smirked, "You heard me. I'll save you and you shall repay me by handing over your child." The woman bit her lip in uncertainty, "...Okay...I'll do it..."

The siren pulled out the bottle, "Drink this."

The woman cautiously took the tiny capsule, "Is this some kind of medicine?"

She laughed, "Something better than medicine - better than any magic on Earth~"

The woman hesitantly drank the blood. Smiling, the siren began to sing a song - the Siren's Song. As she sang, she could see it. She could feel the drops of royal blood seep through the baby's skin. She could see the bright future of the Sirens. She gazed at the sweating woman, "You have a beautiful child, Ma'am~"

And the siren disappeared right in front of her.

"I'll stop right there~" Azalea finished. I fumed in anger, "And what does that have to do with me?!"

She smirked, "And here, I thought you were smart..." Staring at me with red eyes, I pondered in shock. "Why do you think you are wedded to my son? Why do you think I spent centuries finding you? Why you?"

She smiled at my horrified reaction.

"Because, Y/N...you are that child~ The child of a royal siren's blood, destined to be 'Queen of the Sirens'."

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻