Chapter 9 - Non-Existent Being

"What do you mean, 'Y/N's profile doesn't exist.'?" Hoseok asked in confusion.

"It's not here..." Yoongi replied, typing away on his phone, "Did someone erase her profile?" he asked himself in disbelief.

"You're saying that no one has ever realised that Y/N didn't have a recognition profile until now? ...That's not possible! Not having identification is like...not being human!" Taehyung stated, half-seriously and half-jokingly, but observing Yoongi's stressed expression, BTS knew it was no joke.

"If she doesn't have a profile then...why do the hospitals have it?" Jimin asked, perplexed.

"...We'll ask the hospital tomorrow. I'll cancel our morning plans." Namjoon said suddenly, "Let's hurry up and finish the last few reporters...then we can go home. We have to treat everyone to dinner or something. It's been hard for the entire company."

...

"Y/N, we thought of an idea that may help you with finding your parents!" Jimin said to Y/N at breakfast. Her eyes widened, "W-what is it?"

"The hospital could look through your profile and possibly identify your parents!" Jungkook said, thrilled. She gasped, "Omg! Why hadn't I thought of that!? Thanks, Oppas! I'll go when I have the time!"

At her response, BTS went awkward and fidgetted. "Uhhh...actually Y/N, could you cancel your morning plans? We decided to go with you right after breakfast." Namjoon asked cautiously.

Y/N tilted her head, "Why? There's no need to rush and you don't need to come with me. I'll be fine on my own! I can ask for my profile myself!" she said smiling innocently.

"The sooner, the better Y/N~Besides, we already cancelled our plans for you~," Jin said, trying to convince Y/N into agreeing. She raised her brows, "You did? ...I have no choice then~" she finally agreed, pulling out her phone to inform her manager.

...

"Wait doctor...what do you mean?" Y/N said in confusion. "Sorry Y/N. It is what it is. I understand that you're finding your parents but there's nothing we can do."

BTS was right — the hospital mysteriously had Y/N's profile, even though Yoongi's expert hacking skills couldn't find it, however, the group found out that when Y/N was born... her parents wished to remain anonymous and didn't grant permission in revealing their identities in her profiles, therefore...

"Your parents didn't sign their recognition form on your certificate therefore their identities are not allowed to be shown on your profile." Y/N didn't look surprised or sad but she remained silent. BTS could recognise the faint disappointment in her eyes, "I'm so sorry Y/N. This must be very hard for you."

She shook her head, "No, doctor, it's fine. There must've been some kind of reason..." she quietly stood up from her chair, "Thank you for your time, doctor!" she bowed before exiting the room. BTS followed her out, bowing to the doctor as well.

"I need to go to the restroom, Oppas~just wait a minute for me~" she smiled as she strolled down the corridor. The doctor came out of his office, "Doctor! Sorry to bother you. Could we ask you something?" Namjoon called out.

Before the doctor walked away, he paused, "What is it, boys?"

"Well, this is weird but how do you happen to have Y/N's profile information?" Yoongi asked in utter disbelief. The doctor blinked in pure confusion and laughed, "Haha! Well, we are in a hospital. We would at least have all of our patients' information!" he answered as if the group of random boys were crazy to not know that the hospital would contain such personal information.

"Yeah... but like...how?" Jimin asked, trying to push on the 'how'. The doctor laughed again in astonishment, "Well, it's in the system! We just search up someone's name to find their exact information!"

"Yeah, we understand that but like...hoooow?" Taehyung asked the exact question, emphasising the 'how'. The doctor chuckled, "There really is no 'how'. When a person is born, all their information will be provided in a secured system which can only be accessed by authorities and that's really it!"

"Yeah...but...H-" Jungkook was about to ask the same question until Jin concealed the maknae's mouth tightly, "Ahaha thank you, doctor. You're very busy. We won't waste any more of your time." The doctor laughed in amusement and walked away from the group.

"You idiots really think he'll believe that Y/N's profile is non-existing!?" Jin scowled, "You think he'll understand that Yoongi can hack into every system on earth and say that Y/N's profile was fantasised?"

"Haha... sorry hyung~but the hospital does have Y/N's information..." Jungkook stated.

"It could be fake..." Hoseok noted, "Did someone purposely delete Y/N's identity...?"

The group pondered in dilemma.

Y/N POV

I stared at myself in the bathroom's mirror. I didn't know how to feel when I heard that surprising information from the doctor, "They must really hate me."

The fact that my parents wanted to hide their identities and put me up for adoption to block me out of their lives forever, it made me believe that... it wasn't worth finding them. If I found them, why would it matter? They wouldn't want me back anyway.

Mission over.

"I'm back, Oppas!"

BTS were still standing around, patiently waiting for me quietly. They looked a bit stressed, "Y/N! Are you feeling ok?" Hoseok concerned. My eyes narrowed before I grinned, "Yeah, I decided to...stop finding my parents..."

"...Are you sure, Y/N?" BTS hesitated after hearing my decision. I nodded in determination, "Let's go now! We've got work to do!"

I had BTS with me and other close friends so I shouldn't be too depressed over two anonymous people, who shared the same blood as me. These people are my family now and that's all there is to it.

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻