Chapter 16 - Brotherly Argument

From everyone's faces, I could tell they were disappointed, "...This is all my fault. I probably displayed so many emotions that somehow, they figured I was in love."

"No Joon, you can't blame yourself. We're all responsible." Jin said, stroking his bangs in frustration.

"Let's talk about this when we get home. We still have to practice." Yoongi suggested as we all agreed.

The day passed with no euphoric atmosphere. When we arrived home, Y/N wasn't there and I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn't want her to know, just yet. After giving her the bad news about not coming to her concert, I didn't want to tell her the fact that we needed to distance ourselves from her due to spreading rumours.

"How do we tell Y/N? I told her we couldn't go to her concert and now...this." I said in despair.

"We'll have to just tell her the truth. She'll understand. We're all idols." Hoseok advised.

"We're near the danger zone. We'll have to stay away until all rumours settle." Jimin said as I pondered, "*sigh* When Y/N comes home, we'll explain."

Y/N POV

I could feel my mood deteriorate as the day went by. I had to stay in my practice room until late at night for rehearsals but the fact that BTS won't be able to come, discouraged my efforts to complete my task. I felt disappointed in myself for having such an attitude.

"Y/N, you weren't yourself today...are you alright?" Jinyoung asked as he drove towards the park.

"Eh? I-i'm fine! J-just had a few things in mind." I reassured him.

"If it's about the wedding, I-"

"No, it's not about your wedding. Just personal reasons." I interrupted before the park came into view.

"I'm here for you if you need any help Y/N," he said as he parked against the side of the road.

I faintly smiled, "Thank you manager-nim. See you tomorrow."

...

Escaping the frosty winter breeze, I scurried though the front door. The lights of the living room welcomed me, "I'm home..." I tiredly stated.

"W-welcome home, Y/N!" Everyone greeted me in an awkward manner on the couch.

Walking past them, I smiled, "It's already late~ You should prepare for the night! I need to go take a bath."

"W-wait a minute Y/N!" Taehyung exclaimed, grabbing onto my wrist in a flustered manner.

I flinched in surprise at their unusual behaviour, "W-what's wrong?"

"We need to talk to you about something." Jimin's serious tone stirred an anxious feeling in my chest.

"I-if it's about the concert, I completely understand! You're all busy and it would be selfish of me to have you all to myself." I said in a playful manner, trying to cheer up the uncomfortable atmosphere.

"N-no...it's something else." Namjoon slowly claimed, his voice getting quieter and quieter.

"Al-right, what is it?" I asked with Taehyung's hand still wrapped around my wrist.

They explained the situation in detail - my eyelids lowering little by little as I listened in slight despair.

"...So...we just have to distance ourselves until the rumours die down, right?" They nodded to confirm my question.

"Then! I'll stay at the flower shop for the meantime~" I blurted in glee. What else was there I could do? I was already troubling them. Looking at their bodies soften as they breathed a sigh of relief, my smile tightened, 'I knew it...I am causing too much trouble for them.'

"Thank you for understanding Y/N." Taehyung said as he pecked my fingertips. I jolted from his sudden move, "D-don't worry about it. We're all idols anyways~"

I immediately retracted my hand from his grasp, "I-i'll start packing then...Goodnight Oppas!" I briskly walked away from their sight, my heart thumping at an irregular pace, 'I'll take a bath first...'

...

I finally finished my long soak and left the bathroom until I heard a quiet ruckus in the living room, 'Hmm?'

The lights were still on and the voices were getting clearer and clearer as I walked closer to the entrance of the hallway.

"How dare you talk like that about Y/N, hyung!!" I heard Jimin yell, trying to stay as soft as possible.

"I'm just saying that everything has been super f*cked up and mainly because of Y/N! I'm just stating the truth and you all know it! Everything that has happened lately is definitely related to Y/N!" Namjoon's sharp words pierced through my ears and stung my eyes quite smoothly.

"What's wrong with you all of a sudden, Namjoon?! You're never like this, especially when it comes to Y/N!" Jin criticised.

"There's nothing wrong with me. She's ruining our career! We can't keep going on like this!" Namjoon roared, "Do you not know the serious consequences we'll face if we're found out? I can already see the news' headlines saying 'BTS is living with a female idol?!'."

"We obviously understand but there's no need to panic! Didn't we already resolve it? Y/N will stay at the flower shop until everything calms down" Hoseok replied calmly.

"That won't do anything! Whatever happens once, will happen twice. Hitman Bang will have to kick us out. I can't risk our career like that! We need to get rid of her completely!" Namjoon pressured and it was enough for the first tears to fall off my face, '...I am a really big burden to them...'

*slap!* Suddenly, the distinct sound of skin slapping against each other echoed through the house, "Y-yoongi-hyung! Why did you punch him?! And in the face?!!" Jungkook asked in a worried tone.

"I'm f*ucking disappointed in you, Namjoon. As your older brother, I demand you cleanse that behaviour of yours. I'm more worried about the media finding out this disgusting manner than discovering a mysterious girl in our house. I respect you as family and teammate but I won't tolerate any behaviour that has crossed the line. I don't care if you hate Y/N now, but she is still the woman I love, so watch your mouth!" Yoongi lectured.

"So you would sacrifice your career as idol to follow her burdensome footsteps?" Namjoon asked in fury.

"Gladly." Yoongi blankly replied.

"Tsk!" From the shadows of the hallway, I saw Namjoon storming upstairs as the others stood silent in disbelief.

"What has gotten into him?" Taehyung sighed.

Hugging my toiletries, I stepped back to go to my bedroom until, "*Creak!*", the floorboards created a loud creaking sound and I knew it caught the attention of the group.

"...Y-y/n, is that you?" I heard Jin call out.

At the sound of footsteps approaching, I bolted to my bedroom.

"Y/N!" Unfortunately, Jungkook caught onto my wrist and twirled me around, immediately embracing me. Somehow, I didn't drop anything I was holding.

"L-let me go, Jungkook..." I demanded but his grip only tightened at my remark.

"Y/N, did you hear us?" Hoseok asked from behind Jungkook's back. I stayed silent, not wanting to admit the truth.

"Please don't take anything to heart, Y/N. Namjoon-hyung is not right in the head today." Jimin stated.

"What are you all doing here?" Namjoon's voice bounced against the walls of the dim hallway, "Why am I not right in the head today?"

As Jungkook released his grip, I raised my head. Listening to his normal tone, as if nothing happened, I felt confused, 'Eh?'

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻