Chapter 33 - A Missing Friend

Jaeseok POV

"Hey! Get yourself together Y/N! I don't know what she did to cause such a reaction from you but you must fight it!" Shaking her aggressively, her practically dead body didn't respond as she stared into the horizon with soulless eyes.

"Hey! Y/N!" I hung my head low, "Please...respond..."

"...Jaeseok..." I heard her call out my name and I cheerfully looked up, "Y/ ! ...N..."

Her eyes were pitch black - no white sclera leaked from the corners, "Y/N...no...don't believe anything mother had said!"

Her hands cupped my cheeks as her thumbs stroked along the apples, "Jaeseok...you wouldn't betray me, right? I loved my Oppas but they humiliated me... you wouldn't do that right...my husband?"

Her words caused a sudden flinch from my body as I pushed her hands away, "Y/N! Snap out of it! I'm not your husband! I don't know what relationship you had with your Oppas but...whatever illusions my mother had shown you, don't give in to it!!"

She grinned wicked, "Haha...Hahahaha! Looks like nobody loves me at all~ I can't believe I was so stupid and naive!"

"What are you talking about Y/N!? There are so many people who love you! Your family! Your friends! You exist in a special place within their hearts..." She stared blankly at my face before laughing.

"Pfft! Family? They all left me at birth. Friends? When I needed them the most, they were never around and so I ended up here, thanks to them. Love? ... No such thing exists, dear~ The darkness exists to overcome the pain of feeling vulnerable to the world. It is...the most safe and comfortable place to be in~" she pushed on, trying to persuade myself into a world of darkness.

She blankly gazed at me, "By the way, husband~ I need you to know that your mother is only using me to get revenge on the Mer-people..."

My eyebrows raised, "What do you mean? What did the Mer-people do to her?"

She pointed out the door, "Why don't you ask your mother? I can hear her stupid humming from a mile away."

Opening the door, I looked down the hallway to find mother gracefully swimming towards the bedroom, "Son~! How's Y/N~?" I glared at her as her eyes flickered in amusement by my reaction.

"What did you do to her?" I demanded while she shrugged her shoulders, "I'm clever, Merlin. I'll do anything to get what I want. Messing with her memories with illusions was the most effective way~!"

My fists clenched, "Explain, mother! Why are you doing this?! I heard it's revenge on the Mer-people! I know we are eternal enemies but I never knew you were planning something against them!!"

"Oh~? Did Y/N tell you something?" she asked, unfazed by my discoveries.

I nodded, "She wanted you to explain everything to me!"

She sighed, "Alright~! Let's sit down first~" she suggested, heading for the main room.

Not saying anything to Y/N, I closed her bedroom door and followed along.

"So?" I asked, sitting on the soft spongy couch as she poured herself a cup of fresh human blood.

Taking a sip, she sighed in satisfaction, "Blood of a newborn child~ Wanna try some?" she recommended, as I winced in disgust, "Mother! Start explaining!"

She smiled, "Alright, alright~ No need to get so worked up!" Placing her cup on the table, carved from the finest shells in the Pacific. Pondering on what to say first she frowned, "Sirens and mermaids...we all used to live together in peace."

Her words shook me vigorously, "What..."

"The royal families of both kingdoms agreed to stay in complete serenity together, meaning...the Sirens stopped eating humans too." she added.

I listened intensely, "One night, a reckless siren ruined everything and disturbed the peaceful history of aquatic life. She brought back the Siren Song and they began eating humans again. This meant...war."

"Thousands were killed on both sides, including the royal families, however the Siren Queen escaped along with the reckless siren. She...was pregnant with her child but she was weak too. She ordered the reckless siren to take care of her baby before perishing."

She deeply sighed, "Merlin...do you ever wonder who you really are?"

I tilted my head, perplexed from her question, "I'm your son, aren't I?"

Her eyes softly stared at me, "...No, you are not my son."

And I jolted at her answer, "...Huh?"

"Your real mother is...the Siren Queen," I froze in disbelief, "Merlin, you are heir to the throne of the Siren Kingdom. Together with Y/N, you'll rule the ocean for the sake of the sirens and overtake history."

Third Person POV

It has been days since the encounter with the mysterious woman in Y/N's bedroom. Ever since that day, Y/N had disappeared entirely from the world. BTS had been working non-stop as well as finding Y/N's whereabouts alongside their idol duties.

The news began broadcasting Y/N's missing status as she had stopped going to work without responding to her phone calls nor has anyone seen her. She was assumed to have died.

"History...is repeating itself, isn't it?" Hoseok asked as they stared at the TV.

"What do you mean, hyung?" Jungkook asked as he chewed on his ramen noodles.

"It's like that time Y/N had thrown herself in the ocean. Everyone thought she was dead...but we somehow knew she was alive." his words gradually grew quieter and quieter.

*knock!*knock!* Someone harshly knocked on the front door continuously, "Coming! Coming!" Jimin answered as he panically tried to rush to the door without tripping. Opening the door, someone barged in, aggressively pushing Jimin to the wall, "Where is Y/N?!!"

"Hey, hey!" Yoongi ran over to Jimin as he pulled the person off, "Jennie! What are you doing here?"

Immediately, she slapped his hands away, "I'm asking where Y/N is! Why did she disappear?! What did you do to her?!"

Her fists clenched, "I came here because I knew...if something were to happen to her, it would be because... YOU did something to her!!" As she raged, the rims of her eyes began to fill with her salty tears, "Where is she?!"

At their silence, she gritted her teeth, "So...you just don't care about her anymore?! You bastards!!"

Her hand swung down immediately swung down, aiming at their pale skin.

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻