Chapter 18 - Siren's Song

"Long time no see, Holland~ I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit! How's business?"

Holland immediately ran over to me, "No worries boss! I know you're busy! It's absolutely splendid!" I laughed, "I told you to stop calling me boss!"

He grinned, "Okay, boss!"

I laughed again at his remark.

When I finally decided to invest my time into my idol career, I decided to hand over the store to someone who I can immediately trust. When I saw Holland and interacted with him for a while, I knew he was the one...and I was right. Conveniently, he needed a place to stay too and I was happy to offer the rooms upstairs.

"Sorry for the sudden interruption Holland, but I'll be staying here for a while." I informed him, pointing down at my suitcase. He smiled ever so widely, "No worries, boss! This place is still yours! You can do whatever you want! I'm just grateful you offered it to me!"

I helped Holland in shutting down the store and sorting out the orders for tomorrow, "Boss! I can handle the rest! You should rest! Don't you have a concert to practise for?" he questioned while urging me upstairs, "Yeah, I do~"

He giggled, "I know you do! Because I'm coming to watch!" I turned around to face him, "You are?!" I asked excitedly.

"Eeh Helloo~? My boss is doing a concert and her employee isn't there to watch? What sort of person would do that?!" he said playfully while I chuckled, "Thanks Holland~ Don't push yourself too hard! Try to get some rest yourself."

Holland was a really optimistic person. I felt completely relaxed around him and his positive vibes immediately drowned away my worries. I really admired his confidence too. When he 'came out of the closet', he seemed hesitant but I didn't mind it at all. I strongly supported him, 'Heh~ his boyfriend must be very lucky to have Holland~'

*bzz*bzz* My phone began to vibrate, "Oh!"

All 7 Oppas began texting me. My lips formed a small smile as I texted them back. It was a bit difficult to leave my fingers off the keyboard as we continued to talk into the night.

...

"*sigh* I'm tired..." I sighed as I entered the store, "Boss! You're back! I need to show you something!" Holland greeted. Pulling me on the wrist, he brought me to the back of the store, "Look!"

At the back of the room, where withering or out-of-season flowers were stored, in the middle of all the brown leaves and dying petals, a bouquet of exquisite flowers bloomed, "Omg...h-how? These flowers don't grow in winter..."

"That's why I brought you here!" Holland pointed out as he excitedly displayed the blossoming flowers, "I was so surprised when I found out but I'm so happy~ These are my favourites!"

I eyed him curiously, "Really? The Himalayan Cobra Lily? Why?" I asked as he lovingly stared at the unique lilies.

"These flowers are also known as the 'Siren Song'. I heard that sirens used to drink blood in these lilies - like a cup! Isn't that cool?!" he said cheerfully.

I laughed, "Very cool~ Since when did you find interest in such mythology?"

He tilted his head, "Mmm~I guess I have always believed in magic and mythical creatures~ Don't you believe in them, boss?"

At his question, my eyes narrowed as my lips curled up slightly, "Yeah...I believe in them~"

"Oh! That reminds me! You said that once before on Seoul Radio, didn't you?" he mentioned enthusiastically. I nodded and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, walking me out to the store floor, "You know, boss, not all sirens are evil~ some choose not to eat humans~ and... if you really know them, they are not all that bad~"

I raised an eyebrow, "Oh? And how do you know?"

He smirked, "I might have read too many conspiracies~" I laughed at his answer, "Well, I hope you are right~"

"*gasp*! Boss! Do you think you could sing the 'Song of the Sirens' for me?" he pleaded.

"Whhaaat? What is that?? And Why??" I asked in bewilderment.

"Just because!" he replied. Leaving the bouquet of flowers on the table, he displayed some lyrics on his phone, "Woah...this is pretty dark..." I commented, scrolling through the words.

"M-my boyfriend told me about it...he's also pretty interested in sirens..." Holland hesitantly stated.

Raising my head, I said, "Well...why not? I'll sing it as a 'thank you' for coming to my conert~"

"Yay!!" Holland exclaimed in excitement.

(Song: Put It Straight by (G)I-DLE~ Please listen to the song if interested~ ♥)

"♪Just say no...Tell me that you don't love me...Like my heart is going to leave... Like I'm going to hate you..." I scanned the next line, "Just say yes. No, I mean tell me you're in love...Just like the good times, Can't you love me now?♪"

I looked up to see Holland smiling, "♪Your eyes give me an answer...I'm just sighing as if I'm sorry...That's how it collapses...I'm falling apart♪"

"♪Darkness, heart bruising. If you look at the day when my tears fell. Will you go away? Will I go away from you?♪" Something behind Holland began to glow in subtle red lights, "♪I filled your heart that I love...I think I'm going to die? Will you go away? Will I go-♪"

Horrified, I stopped singing as I stared at the bouquet which glowed even darker when I continued, 'W-what in the world?'

Confused, Holland looked back but the lights had diminished already, "Boss? What are you looking at?"

"N-nothing...Holland, w-what's the meaning behind this song?" I asked anxiously.

Holland pondered, "Well, my boyfriend told me it was a song created when a siren loved a human being but was betrayed by him. She used this song to lure men in and kill them... so it was kind of like...revenge?"

I nodded, "C-cool..." Interested, I asked Holland again, "Could you teach me more on sirens?"

"Omg! Sure, boss! Finally, I found someone else who is interested!" he squealed.

"Haha, I didn't know you were this passionate!" I said, surprised at his energy.

He scratched his head, slightly blushing, "Haha, I guess I am~"

Lesson 1. Not all sirens are evil

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻