Chapter 45 - Your Name

"I think we...should break up..." Hwanwoong quietly confessed.

My breath hitched with my body forgetting to function as I froze. Hwanwoong timidly scanned my face, "Y/N?"

My lips moved gradually as my gaze remained fixed on whatever I was staring at before me, "...Oh...um...sorry...just taken back a bit...uh...w-why?"

"It's just...I've been getting really busy and I can never spend enough time with you...I think it's best that we move on. I feel guilty for not being able to be with you as your boyfriend so I believe it is important that you find someone who can actually take care of you and be with you in the long term." Hwanwoong explained, "B-but! I would still like to be friends with you!"

My eyes narrowed, '*sigh* should've seen this coming...'

Ever since his debut, we barely talked or rarely saw each other or hung out together. I smiled at him, "It's fine, Hwanwoong. I totally understand. I'd be happy to stay friends with you!"

Hearing my answer, Hwanwoong sighed a breath of relief, "Thank you...thank you so much for understanding. I know you'll definitely find a better person than me."

"Don't you worry! I definitely will!" I joked, "...Keep up the good work, Hwanwoong. I'll still be listening to your music! Fighting~!"

...

I quietly remained on the lonely park bench, staring at the bracelet I had brought for Hwanwoong as our official couple item. The tears kept coming but somehow, I didn't feel as sad as I thought I would be. Was it because I expected it? Slowly, I placed the bracelet in my bag, locking all the good memories I had, with Hwanwoong, in it.

*ring*ring* My phone began to vibrate and an unknown number appeared against the screen, "...Hello?" I answered. I listened intently to the person talking on the other side.

"Ah! You're Manager Jinyoung? Y-yes! That is me!" I replied, "Eh?! Really?! I passed?! T-thank you!" From the enormous news, I had completely forgotten what had happened a few hours ago and squealed in happiness.

"T-then I'll see you then! Thank you so much! Have a wonderful evening!"

I clutched the phone against my chest, 'Finally...I'm going to become an official soloist! I'll need to find someone to take over the flower shop!'

Unexpectedly, my pendant began to glow a golden light, "Huh?", until I realised it wasn't glowing on its own but from the flawless reflection of the sunset.

"Waah~ How beautiful..." Enchanted by its majestic glow, I glided towards the beach to get a better view of it.

Standing at the edge of the waters, the salty breeze brushed through my hair. Instantly realising the agonising stiffness of my shoulders, I took a deep breath - 'so much had happened today...' 

It was the opening of a new chapter. 

But no matter what, there was always a hollow void within me. A part that will always continue to search for its missing piece.

And I shall continue to find it.

Third person POV

BTS approached the breath-taking beach just as the sun began to set behind the horizon, "Look at that view..." Jungkook commented, embracing mother nature's gifts.

The group stood at the edge of the water, each smiling as they quietly stared at the golden sky.

(Song: Meaning of you by IU~~Last Song for this ff! Please listen if interested~~ ♥ ♥ ♥)