Chapter 40 - Dark Marriage

Azalea excitedly accompanied Y/N into a grand hallway that had appeared out of nowhere - the power of magic.

Jaeseok remained at the altar in front of them, fidgeting. He looked like he was forced into doing something he didn't want to do. At the sight of them, he immediately shot a temporary glare before gaining royal posture. His bare chest was as dignified as his position as King.

There was no music. No floral arrangements. The chairs were empty. No cheers. No smiles. Only the beauty of a deadly future.

Y/N and Jaeseok soundlessly faced Azalea who stood between them, after arriving at the altar, "This is the day, my children~ This is the day where our King rejoices with his destined Queen." she said towards a deserted room.

"I shall present the crowns..." Azalea stated as a golden crown appeared in her hand. Appliqued with jewels that sparkled in every movement, she carefully swam in front of Jaeseok, "This is the crown of the fallen King who shall now be passed onto his royal highness, Merlin." Jaeseok hesitated, gritting his teeth in anger before bowing to accept the crown, "With this crown," Azalea continued placing the crown on his head, "I announce you, Merlin, King of the Sirens."

"...thank you..." was all he could weakly mutter before returning into a straight, dignified posture, "It really suits you, Merlin~"

A brilliant light glowed in between Azalea's hand and soon, a crystal tiara appeared. Its brilliant shine and royal aura radiated throughout the entire building. Azalea now waited in front of Y/N, "His Royal Majesty, please remove the veil..."

Jaeseok gently lifted Y/N's veil that had concealed her distinct features of royalty. At the sight of her, his breath instantly sharpened, eyes widened in shock from her bewitching beauty before averting his gaze.

"This is the crown of the fallen Queen who shall now be passed onto her royal highness, Y/N." Y/N gracefully lowered her head, as if her entire body was dancing in the water, "With this crown," the tiara finally found its place on her head, "I announce you, Y/N, Queen of the Sirens."

"Thank you." Her angelic blank voice echoed in vibrations through the water.

"Please face each other." Azalea commanded, "It is my honour and delight to declare you King and Queen, husband and wife. You may seal this royal declaration with a kiss."

Jaeseok, who eyes faced the floor, gradually lifted his eyes, locking it in with Y/N's. It was official...he could no longer wake Y/N up.

Seeing Jaeseok's motionless body, Y/N voluntarily inched closer causing a slight flinch from Jaeseok's shoulders. Her hand grazed his firm arm, unhesitantly attempting to kiss him. Jaeseok immediately turned his face away but Y/N gently clawed onto his jaw, forcing his face to direct towards her where her cold lips landed on his.

No vows. No 'I do'. It's all for the purpose to build a strong kingdom. All for the sake of power and revenge.

Immediately, from the connection between their lips, a black light circled the couple violently. Shocked, Azalea backed away from the unexpected, "Hmm? What's happening?"

Jaeseok's frightened self released himself from Y/N's grip as she stood in silence, "Y-Y/N?"

The light soaked itself into Y/N's skin, and the ruby necklace upon her delicate neck shattered. A majestic floral tattoo blossomed upon her heart that was partially visible from the revealing heart-lined bodice. A deadly aura sparked through Y/N's royal figure as she stood poised and confident - her darkened eyes glistened like black lustrous marbles.

"This is...her ultimate transformation..." Azalea gasped in awe, "She's completely mine..."

Azalea slowly approached the bewitching figure, her fingers entwined with the smooth waves of Y/N's hair, "Y/N...Go and control the world. Bring everyone to their feet."

Y/N shifted, swimming for the exit, "Come Your Majesty. Let's see what she'll do."

Jaeseok hurried to the door faster than Azalea, trying to keep up with Y/N, 'H-how much faster did she get?'

They raced towards the exit of the main building, revealing the broad ocean seasoned in the moonlight. Y/N dipped her fingers in the sand of the ocean floor and began to sing, "♪It hurts...Ah yah yah ah~ It hurts...Ah yah yah yah~♪"

The golden sand dispersed into shades of grey. The corals began to wither - their unique colours drained into blank white. The water felt colder and darker. The deadliest jellyfish and electrical eels arose from the unknown.

"Y/N! Don't!" Jaeseok swam over to her side, trying to close her mouth and pull her away from the deceased.

"Hahaha!" Azalea cackled loudly, her hysterical echoes vibrating across the fields, "It's too late! The world will soon be concealed in despair!!! Hahahaha!!"

Jaeseok horrifically stared at Azalea as Y/N quietly remained in his arms, still singing as her mind and soul remained controlled by the crazy siren.

Such darkness spread slowly throughout and it would be very soon until it coated the entire world...

...

"What the heck is happening?!" The walls of Marina's house began to lose its lively glow. All the flowers dropped to the floor.

"It's starting...Young Masters, there is not much time...You must go right now." The mirror ordered, "Hurry. The pendants will protect you and guide you to Y/N. The more closer you get to her, the more bright it will glow."

Jungkook carefully picked up something and hid it in a small bag, "This is it. We're going to save Y/N."

"BTS! Let's go!" Namjoon declared as they raced out.

"Take care, Young Masters..." the mirror quietly whispered, watching the group leave the room.

As they left, the opening of the cave instantly collapsed with a terrifying thud as rocks piled up against each other in the avalanche.

"...the mirror..." The group stared back at their mother's destroyed home. Their pendants instantly began to glow, "C-come on, we have to move on." Jin stated as he began to swim with the others following behind him.

...

"T-this is where she is?" Before the group, a castle arose from the depths of the ocean. The stone wall and deadly creatures surrounding the interiors provided an ominous sensation.

The group breathed a long rush of air, trying to calm their speeding hearts. Instantly, they raced to the grand door. Any creatures that tried to harm them were instantly repelled by their glowing pendants.

Forcing the door to open, they were instantly met by the same siren they met last time in Y/N's bedroom, "Oh my~ Who do we have here?"

"It's you! You're Azalea...aren't you?!" Yoongi roared. Her face lightened in surprise, "Omg... if it isn't BTS? It is an honour that you know my name~ but I thought Y/N had killed you... already?" Her eyes fell to their unique tails.

"...Hmph...so you were mermen? You humans always know how to surprise me." She noted wickedly, her tongue seductively licking her lips.

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻