Chapter 17 - Misunderstanding

"You dare show your face in front of us!" Yoongi raged, ready to hit him again.

"H-hold on, hyung! Don't hit him again!" Taehyung said, pulling Yoongi back.

"W-woah! D-did I do something wrong?" Namjoon asked.

"Wrong?! Oh, I see how it is. Trying to act like nothing happened. You're absolutely sick in the f*cking head!" Yoongi accused.

"..." Namjoon's bewildered eyes locked with Yoongi's electrifying glares, "S-seriously...this isn't funny, guys...what did I do?" Namjoon's voice faintly trembled as if he was on the verge of tears.

"What do you mean, 'What did I do?'!? You literally bad-mouthed about Y/N 5 minutes ago." Hoseok emphasised.

"What are you talking about?! I would never insult Y/N! Besides, I was in my room the entire time! I just came out to get water until I heard you all in the hallway." Namjoon confessed in worry and alarm.

"Hyung! You went to your room when Y/N took a bath and then suddenly came out with a change of attitude before insulting Y/N! How do you not remember that?!" Jungkook argued.

"I never insulted Y/N! I was in my room!" Namjoon defended.

"Ha! I could die of laughter right now. You're saying that your look-alike somehow broke into our house and barked about Y/N's existence? I'd love to believe that~" Yoongi said in a sarcastic manner.

Namjoon's eyes immediately locked with mine, "Please Y/N. You need to believe me."

I'd never seen Namjoon like this before. His body was trembling in shock, his voice weak to a husky state, his eyes gleaning of salty waters. At such sight, my heartstrings pulled, '...He's telling the truth...But if he was telling the truth...then who was the other 'Namjoon'?'

At the thought of someone, I breathed a sigh of disbelief, 'Damn it...I should've known...'

I genuinely smiled at Namjoon, "Don't worry, Namjoon. I believe you."

At my words, the others' eyes widened in astonishment, "B-but Y/N, you heard Nam-" Jimin started.

"No..." I interrupted, "...it wasn't him."

Everyone remained quiet and confused at my remark, not questioning what I meant and I was grateful for that. It would be too difficult to explain.

Namjoon slowly approached me and wrapped his quivering arms around my body, "Thank you Y/N..."

My free hand gently stroked his broad back, calming his trembling state.

??? POV

"Damn it! I was so close to controlling her soul! If only she didn't make any sounds then the ash would've taken control of her vulnerable state!" I screamed at the crystal ball of water, displaying the two lovebirds hugging, "This was harder than I thought..."

Ditching all my plans to play with Y/N any further, I began to ponder, "Aish!! Looks like I need to get serious...".

Visioning a scheme, I clicked my tongue, "Hmm...I'll have to wait for her dark side to completely control her - to the pinnacle point of her depressed state... until she is so vulnerable. And when that happens, I'll bring her down here to finish her destiny."

I furrowed my brows. I hated this plan. It sounded boring and absolutely uninteresting...but I did not want to take the easy way because using magic won't be any fun.

Y/N POV

"Everything's all good, Oppas. Please trust me. Namjoon didn't say anything. So you should all rest..." I reassured the group.