Chapter 12 - JK's Doppelganger

My consciousness was slipping and I saw the woman disguised as Taehyung walk closer to me. A hand grazed my neck, "...necklace...in...way..." I heard the woman mutter something before I split into eternal darkness.

Jungkook POV

"You handled those tough questions really well, JK!" Jin praised me as we made our way home. "Thanks, hyung..."

"I agree! Our Golden Maknae is supreme!" Namjoon said tiredly, next to Jin, who was driving. I shrugged while staring out the window.

"Yah, you aren't mad at Y/N, are you? Come on, anyone would make mistakes with people who look similar..." Jimin consoled, nudging Jungkook on the shoulder.

My eyes narrowed. I was mad. After years of interaction, I thought she would know the real me so that, even if there was an infinite number of Jungkooks in the world, she would recognise that...the real deal was me.

And yet, I couldn't get angry at her because she's Y/N. My passionate love for her overcame the rage that bubbled within me and Jimin was right. 

I always believed that, even though everyone loves her equally, I had always been the one to love her slightly more.

"We're home!" Hoseok blurted energetically.

No light shone through the windows of the house. "She's asleep~" Taehyung stated quietly as we got out of the car. From the chilly breeze of the night, we all knew winter was coming.

"I'm going to sleep too...it's already 1am..." Yoongi said tiredly as we entered the house. "Well, I want to eat something so if anyone's interested, come and join me!" Jin said, invading the kitchen.

In a heartbeat, I was the only one left in the living room. I made my way to my room, 'I'll take a shower...'

...

"Yo, JK! How was your refreshing shower?" Jin asked me as I entered the kitchen for a glass of milk, "Not that refreshing..." I replied half-heartedly, pouring my milk.

"Hey Jungkookie, seriously... be a man! I bet you would go out with Y/N's doppelgangers without realising it isn't Y/N!" Taehyung noted, chewing on his kimchi.

I smirked, "I won't, but I bet you would."

"Hey! I would never! There will always be one Y/N in my heart~and that's the real one!" he exclaimed quietly, stuffing his face with kimchi. I laughed, "Goodnight hyungs."

Disappearing from their view, after finishing my milk, I was about to go up the stairs until the dark hallway caught my attention. I thought for a bit before walking to the light switch. Flicking it on, the hallway lit up, revealing 4 entrances to the 4 bathrooms and a sharp corner at the end.

In a heartbeat, I reached her bedroom. Her door was fully fixed and freshly polished. During the year, her bedroom experienced a full makeover that had allowed her to feel comfortable in her room.

I hesitantly opened the door, "I'm coming in Y/N..." I whispered. The door suddenly stopped opening as it gently hit something on the opposite side, "Hmm?"

I pushed again but the door didn't budge. I peeked through the minor crack of the opened door. My eyes adjusted to the dark, "Y/N? Are you asleep?" I asked quietly. No reply. 'She's definitely asleep so why is the door...'

Looking down, I saw a pair of legs on the floor at the opening of the door, "Y/N?"

I inspected closely, 'Omg! It's Y/N! Why is she on the floor?' Looking at her clothes and slippers, I realised Y/N was lying on the floor.

If I wanted to open the door, it meant that I had to push Y/N's body a bit, "Sorry Y/N." I gently apologised before applying force on the door.

When I had enough space, I immediately picked her up and tucked her in bed. Settling at the edge of the bed, I stroked her cold cheeks, 'How long was she on the floor for?'

I gazed at her innocent sleeping face and furrowed my brows, "How long, Y/N? How long do I have to wait for you to come to me? How long do I have to endure until you see me?" I rhetorically asked. I found myself inching towards her, desperately and laid my lips on hers. The warm kiss was gentle and soothing. I wanted to stay in this position for eternity.

Forcing my lips to part, I pecked her on the cheek, before standing up, "Goodnight Y/N..."

I gently closed her bedroom door, "I must try even harder now, don't I?" and began walking to my bedroom.

Y/N POV

"*gasp!*" I woke up to find myself in bed. Cautiously checking all of my surroundings, I assured myself that the evil witch had departed, "Damn it! Why did she come back?" I cursed under my breath. The low growl of my stomach distracted the uneasiness and frustration within my chest, 'Ah...I didn't have dinner...'

I got up to get breakfast. Luckily, Jin was already cooking while the others still slept, "Just wait a bit longer, Beauty. It'll be ready in no time~" I smiled, "Thanks WWH-oppa! Did it go well yesterday?"

"Surprisingly yes! Though everyone's pretty tired...Speaking of yesterday, I believe Jungkook is a bit disheartened. Maybe you should cheer him up later?" He gently pecked my cheek as I nodded embarrassingly. At the thought of Jungkook, my chest swelled with guilt.

Jin returned to his cooking as I pondered in the living room, 'Should I check on him?'

In a heartbeat, I had already arrived at his bedroom door, *knock*knock*, "J-jungkook, it's Y/N." I was greeted by a wall of silence, "I-i'm coming in, Oppa."

The door revealed a music wonderland/mayhem — the floor was patterned with music sheets and pens plus other musical equipment. Jungkook laid in bed, motionless and relaxed, 'Typical Kookie~always working hard!'

I quietly tiptoed towards him and bent down to peer at his face, 'Cute...'

I gently poked at his soft cheek, trying to suppress my giggles. Seeing no reaction, I went to pinch his nose but before I could, a hand seized my wrist, pulling me onto the bed, "Wah!"

A low chuckle followed, "What are you doing, my princess~?"

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻