Chapter 2 - The Taste of a Human's Heart

??? POV

I pierced my canine teeth into a tender heart. The blood rapidly escaped through the opening and drifted away with the water, "Ugh...not juicy enough. Today's prey was really lame anyways..." Tossing it away, it floated back onto the plate as I sucked on the dripping blood along my fingers, "What a disappointment...Delicious humans are hard to find these days."

I plunged into the delicate sponge of my couch, made from the finest coral of the ocean, and smirked to myself.

"Heh. At least, I found the girl."

Twirling my hand, the water in front of me began to rotate, illuminating a threatening garnet radiance. At the centre, displayed the girl at a dining table with a bunch of ... ravishing preys.

My lips curled up wickedly, "Finally, after 21 years, she is mine."

...

Y/N POV

"Dear...what should we call her?" I heard a voice. A woman's voice. It was weak and hinted deep sadness but was filled with love.

"Let's call her, Y/N..." Another voice. A man's one now. He sounded like he was crying. 'Who?' Everything was pitch black but the faint voices echoed in the darkness.

The woman began to sing a song. For some reason, I felt safe and warm. It seemed close to my heart, 'Who?'

"Hurry! Please take her away!" Suddenly, the sweet atmosphere shifted intensely. I felt two pairs of lips on my forehead.

"We'll miss you Y/N...The next time we see you, I hope to sing this song together. Stay safe. We love you~" The warmth disappeared as I floated in the dark abyss. Their panicked voices gradually faded, '...Who are you?'

My eyes fluttered open and I was greeted by the plain ceiling, 'A dream?'

As I sat up, droplets of water fell onto my arm. I was crying. My fingertips caressed my wet cheeks as if it was trying to soothe my inner soul, 'W-why am I crying?' I checked the time on my bedside table and immediately tossed myself off the bed, "Crap! I'm late!"

...

"Take a break Y/N!" Jinyoung called out through the recording system. I nodded, giving him a quick smile before slumping into a black leather chair. "This is for you, Y/N~" he handed me a cup of coffee, "Ah! Thank you Manager-nim!"

Sipping on my creamy cup of coffee, I felt a vibration coming from my bag. It was a text message from Jennie!

'Y/N! Are you free this afternoon? Wanna hang out?' My lips naturally curled upwards, eyes flashing brighter than my phone screen, 'Yes! I'd love to hang out with you! At the usual cafe?'

Jennie immediately replied with a quick confirmation before I was called back for the recording.

My relationship with Blackpink had strengthened within the past year, though only Jennie knew the majority of the personal aspects of my life.

But...with Hwanwoong...well, we were still friends, however, it felt distant than usual. We would only talk briefly about our daily routines before saying goodbye shortly afterwards. I felt pretty depressed to have slightly drifted apart from him but nothing much could be done. Our lives were overloaded with schedules so we really couldn't do much about it.

I waited at the usual spot of the cafe, next to the window, for Jennie to arrive. I stared at the maple leaves of autumn; the roads were concealed in shades of yellow and amber. There were children walking with their parents, cute couples being romantic, friends fooling around with each other, the elders taking their afternoon walks, the...

"Jennie!" I squealed as I saw her entering the cafe with a black face mask and cap on. She briskly walked over to me and flicked me on the forehead, "Ow! What was that for~?"

"I told you not to be so bold! We're idols! What if someone sees us?! You want the media to strangle our throats with their f*cked up questions and conspiracies?" she said in a low whisper. "Sorry~ I'll be careful next time~"

She sighed helplessly, observing my never-ending bliss, "You look terribly happy. Enjoying life?" she asked while taking off her coat as she sat opposite of me. "Mmhm~it's great! I'm always thinking about my fans and how to impress them~"

She smiled, "I listened to your talk on the radio yesterday afternoon. It was good. But... I do have a question for you..." I inched closer to her, "What?"

She hesitated a bit, "Haven't you...Oh, wait. I want to order first." I looked at her empty side of the table, "Oh! I'll get you something!"

A while later, a waitress came over with a tray, "Your drink and dessert, miss~" we thanked her as she walked away and I looked at Jennie, staring at what I ordered for her, "What's wrong?"

She smirked, "You know my favourites~" I smiled triumphantly, "Of course~! By the way, what were you going to ask?"

She raised her eyebrows before lowering them, "Oh! I forgot. Haven't you..." she took a spoonful of cream and instantly devoured it, "Delicious~" Her face lit up in pure bliss while I blinked in confusion, "J-Jennie, um...the question?" she placed her spoon down, "Ah right. Haven't you ever thought of looking for... ...your parents?"

I froze as my eyes widened slightly, "...I...never thought about that." Jennie blankly gazed at me, "I think this is the best opportunity to find them. You have convenient access to travel and they'll find it easier to come to you, don't you think?"

I pondered, "I'll think about it." she nodded.

"Well," she said, taking another scoop of cream, "If you... need help, Blackpink's always... there for you."

I laughed, "You have cream on your face, Jennie~"

...

It was already late at night when I arrived home. I couldn't see BTS's black car, so I assumed they weren't home yet. "I'm home~" I said to the empty building. The silence greeted me back as I switched on the lights.

"Welcome home, Y/N." 

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻