Chapter 34 - Catch that Witch

Her hand swung down immediately swung down, aiming at their pale skin until a hand caught onto her wrist, "We never said we didn't care! So calm down, Jennie!!" Namjoon ordered, "We...we are doing everything we can to find her!"

Her eyes widened, "So...you're saying she disappeared on her own?" They shook their heads, "I think...she was kidnapped...so we're trying to find her."

"Think?! What do you mean by 'I think'?!!" Jennie forcefully removed her wrist from Namjoon's grip, "The police are already trying to search for her. Are you with them?"

They shook their heads, "Why?! What the hell do you think you are doing?! A close person had gone missing and you...you're not even bothered to help the police?!"

"Can't believe I fell in love with such idiots during high school..." she muttered to herself.

"Please Jennie...Just let us explain. You...might understand if you hear us out." Taehyung suggested in caution under Jennie's tiger eyes.

"Well? Hurry up and spit it out! I'm very busy but I can't let go of my friend when I know she went missing!" She demanded, making herself comfortable on the couch. Her sullen eyes soon inspected the messy table of books on magic and noodle cups where cleanliness ceased to exist.

"Jennie...before we begin, I just needed to ask...do you remember the time my father tried to control you and order you to...kill Y/N?" Jin's words caused a painful heartbeat as Jennie reminisced about the tragic day where the girl she hated for years became her first best friend, way before Blackpink entered her life.

"Yes...but it was weird...it was as if an invisible force controlled my body..." She shivered at the thought of invisible strings wrapping around her body and breaking her power to resist.

Taehyung sighed, "I believe we're talking about...magic."

Jennie stared at him, unsure to believe his words or not, "...Magic?"

Jungkook nodded, "After Y/N's concert...Y/N became weird. It's not like we hated her new attitude but it was way too different. Too different for us to believe that her character could change over 3 hours."

Jennie lifted a finger to her chin, "You're...kinda right. I saw some of her posters and shows...she looked a bit scandalous...there was way too much skin showing..."

"That Y/N...isn't Y/N." Hoseok concluded.

"Eh?" Jennie's eyes widened in amusement.

Namjoon clasped his hands together, "She...is a witch. I think she kidnapped Y/N for some reason and used Y/N's body to...fool around."

Jennie folded her arms, "...Witch?" her brows furrowed, "...Am I supposed to believe you right now?"

"Jennie...I don't care if you believe us or not. I don't believe it myself but...I saw it with my own eyes. We all did. Although Y/N's body was used but...a mirror never lies. That witch's reflection revealed a cruel beauty that can never be described unless you want to die." Yoongi added.

Tapping her foot on the floor, she glared at the table, "But, why would she want to kidnap Y/N?"

Their heads hung low, "We don't know...but it seems Y/N knew," they distinctly revealed their shell pendants, "When that woman was trying to attack us, this necklace gave off a bright light. I think...Y/N knew how to use magic." Hoseok blurted.

She stared at their pendants, "So...what are you planning to do?"

Among the intense silence, their expressions, overwhelmed with pain after losing their loved one, softened Jennie's eyes, "*sigh*... ...I believe you! So...I'll help you. If it's a witch, then... ...let's find that b*tch!"

Y/N POV

My golden soul felt weak and broken. Sleeping in this blanket of darkness wasn't enough to soothe my fatigued soul. I had lost the meaning to exist. I couldn't care less about the world.

'I should've died years ago...Why did I have to turn into a mermaid?'

"Y/N~~my beautiful Queen~" Azalea and Jaeseok walked in together. Jaeseok looked shocked and horrified as if he knew something he never wanted to know, 'What happened to him?'

Azalea smirked devilishly as if she wanted something, "I would like to show you something...please follow me~" Getting off the bed for the first time, my feet touched the cold floor of the room. From the change of gravity in the water, my body easily glided across the waters as I followed Azalea with Jaeseok behind me.

Foreign to my surroundings, I observed the various rooms of the building or 'cave' until I was brought to a regular door. Opening it, a flight of stairs were revealed. The further I walked down, the darker it got. Jaeseok voluntarily held onto my hand, guiding my footsteps along the concrete surface until we reached the bottom. Azalea opened the cobblestone door in front of us, coated in layers of thick algae.

Its ominous creak echoed across the walls as it displayed a long hallway. I realised the water completely froze beyond the door as if there was an invisible wall that stopped its flow to the other side.

Walking through the door, my gazes fell on Azalea and Jaeseok's transformations where their tails turned into pairs of legs. Azalea still wore her devilish velvet outfit while Jaeseok wore a simple white collar t-shirt and dark black pants, "Come on~"

We walked further down until I reached one room. Smirking, I pulled out the key destined to unlock it. "Well, hello again~ I brought a visitor~" Azalea greeted in excitement as she entered the room. Jaeseok remained quietly outside as I was taken into the room filled with the aroma of sewage water.

My attention was directed towards two people crouching on the filthy floor. Our eyes locked together intensely but somehow they looked terrified of me.

"Do you recognise her?" Azalea asked the couple in a mischievous tone. They immediately shook their heads, frightened of Azalea's presence.

Azalea turned to look at me, "Do you know them, Y/N?"

At my name, they gasped weakly, "Y-you're Y/N?!" the man exclaimed.

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻