Chapter 21 - Mirror, Mirror

Lesson 3. A siren's true form can be revealed through a mirror

As the makeup artists were recovering my sweaty face, my body suddenly drowned in excruciating pain, "AAAH!" I crouched down, tightly hugging my shoulders as the pain showered through my flesh.

"Y/N?! Are you alright?!" My manager panicked. "Y-yeah..."

"What do you mean 'yeah'?! Look at how pale you are!! You can't perform like this..." he began to pace in frustration.

"D-don't worry, manager-nim...I'll continue! I-i'm not cancelling again..." I pleaded. My body felt fragile and hot. My legs felt weak and my vision blurred from time to time. I slowly stood up as the staff managed to hold onto my wobbling state.

"No, no, you are not going out like that. I'm calling it off." he stated, before heading for the door.

"No! Please!" Shaking off the hands supporting my unsteady figure, I pulled onto the edge of his shirt, forcing him to stop, "I'm doing it! No matter what!" I charged through the door and ran backstage, ready for my entrance, the pain deepened, "Uggh!". I tried not to call out in agony. When the short film finished playing, I positioned myself on stage, 'I'm not going to fail my family twice...Let the pain...turn into pleasure!'

♪♪♪

"Thank you so much for attending everyone!! Love you all!! I-i'll definitely see you next time~!!" During the sweet ending, I teared up - happy tears. Knowing I successfully completed tonight's performance, I was ecstatic.

Arriving backstage, everyone applauded and praised each other for their hard work. Finally alone in my dressing room, I collapsed on the floor, "Ugh!!"

My legs had finally given out. This pain was worse than period pain and probably even worse than going into labour, 'What the heck did I do? Did I eat something bad?'

"Y/N~I'm coming in~" A sweet voice flourished through my silent cries of misery, "Congratula- Y/N!!" I felt someone lifting me off the ground, "Are you okay?"

I tiredly looked up, "J-jennie? W-why are... you here?"

"I came to see you! You don't look good at all! Come on...sit down." She gently guided me to the dressing chair. I stared at myself in the mirror; I looked terrible...no matter how professional my makeup was...my glow was on the verge of death.

"Here...drink this~" she offered a cup of hot tea and I drank it without hesitation.

"What are you doing to yourself? Don't push yourself too hard, Y/N." Jennie worriedly said.

Staring at the tea, I smiled, "I-i'm fine...by the way," I lifted my gaze to look at her, "Thanks for yesterday. I really appreciate it."

She tilted her head, "What happened yesterday?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Don't you remember? You helped me when I-" from the corner of my eye, I saw a reflection in the mirror.

That reflection was not Jennie.

It was some woman.

Her small chuckle brought my attention back to her physical self, "Oops...I didn't pay attention to the mirror~"

Jennie's figure was replaced with a mature-looking lady; dark slick hair, sharp jawline, seductive eyes, dressed in dark burgundy velvet that accentuated her unrealistic curves, "W-who are you?"

She displayed an exaggerated frown, "I'm sad you don't recognise me, Y/N~" I jolted at her voice - that annoying voice, "I-it's you..." Scared, I nearly fell off my chair until something caught onto me.

No.

I was floating.

Some kind of invisible force positioned me back on the chair, "No need to be scared dear~I've come to pick you up~"

In the mix of pain shooting throughout my body and confusion of this woman's presence, my head pounded, "...ugh...p-pick me up?"

She smirked, "I hope you enjoyed your tea~ It's time for a nap~" I looked at the leftover tea 'Jennie' poured for me...it was the same as 'Jin's' tea.

'H-help...'

"...I shouldn't keep your Oppas waiting, Y/N~" before I completely lost consciousness, I glanced back at her. I was horrified at the sight of her, "N-no...don't you...d-dare go near them."

Her teeth glinted, "Sleep well~"

...

Third person POV

"Y/N! Do you feel better?" Y/N's temporary manager walked in. He found her sitting in her dressing chair with her back faced to the mirror on the dressing table.

She sweetly smiled, "Yes, manager-nim~~I'll be going home now~" As she walked past him, she lifted a finger and traced his jawline. "Have a nice night~" she sensually whispered in his ear. Her voice was unexpectedly seductive as the manager stiffened on the spot.

"Y-Y/N?" When he turned around, she had already left, her figure fading with the long hallway.

She strolled out into the cold where the crowds had already disappeared, "Hmm~now...where are they~?" she closed her eyes. Sensing her targets, she opened them again. Her lips curled wickedly, "This is going to be fun~"

Y/N began to walk again, to the place where her Oppas were waiting for her. Near a black van, the 7 individuals stood together; one of them held a suitcase - Y/N's suitcase, as they chatted. Their breaths shot out of their mouths, resembling puffs of smoke. Like a predator, Y/N closed in on them, licking her lips. Even though their heavy coats concealed the sexy lines of their masculine bodies, she scanned their outer figures - her eyes narrowed in lust.

'Who should I start with~?' she thought.

Jin POV

I heard light footsteps approaching us. Turning my head, I saw Y/N strolling towards us, "Oppas~!" her sweet voice melted away the tense and freezing atmosphere of winter around us.

"Y/N! You were magnificent on stage!" I complimented enthusiastically while pecking her on the cheek. Expecting her to blush, I stared at her face for a reaction.

"Thank you, Oppa~" Not embarrassed at all, instead, she kissed the back on my nose. Taken back by surprise, I jolted and my eyes widened in sweet surprise. She laughed at my response, "Let's go home~" she said, turning her attention to the rest. As I looked at the others, they were equally shocked as me, with a hint of jealousy.

"Y-yeah, let's..."

She smiled, "I'm taking the front seat!" Immediately, she went for the front passenger's seat while the others took the back seats quietly. I casually seized the driver's seat. The drive was very lively and cheerful. As I drove, Y/N talked to everyone about her performance and everything felt normal.

Until...

A hand began to stroke my thigh. My breath hitched from the sudden sensation. I looked down, staring at the delicate features of the hand and followed the slender arm responsible for the move. She smirked at my reaction while still talking to the boys in the back.

'Y-Y/N??'

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻