Chapter 7 - Melophobia

I stared at the empty room before me.

I trembled in horror, 'No...'

Someone covered my eyes with their hands and I stiffened, "It's nice seeing you in my room, Sunshine~"

At his sunny voice, I burst into tears and clung onto his shirt as I turned around to face him, "...hobi..."

"Oh! Don't cry, Y/N! Are you alright?!" his warm tone spontaneously turned serious and worried. He tightly embraced my quivering body; his lips on my forehead as he ran his fingers through my hair. My legs weakened as I melted to the floor, like butter, pulling Hoseok along with me. I could hear the others running towards us before stopping right behind him, "S-sorry...let me stay like this for a bit longer..."

I was finally able to calm down and stood up as Hoseok gently pulled onto my arm, "Thanks Oppas..."

"Y/N, could you tell us what happened?" their faces were overwhelmed with concern but I only shook my head.

"...Sorry, I can't...I don't know what happened to myself either. I just felt...really... uneasy."

Hoseok peered into my face, "Don't worry Y/N...Breakfast can cheer you up! Let's go eat!"

I slightly smiled, "Okay. Let me...change first."

...

"Are you excited to get dancing Y/N~? I heard you have a concert soon!" Ara squealed as she greeted me in the studio.

"Hi unnie, yeah. It's exciting..." I replied, not registering my dead tone. I didn't even notice Ara staring at me with surprised yet concerned eyes.

"O-ok Y/N. Let's start with refining your moves for the concert. We'll be extending the hours since you'll need it." she said, placing her gym bag near the corner. Her fingers swiftly connected with the speakers as she did whatever needed to be done. I quietly centred myself in the middle of the room.

♪ ♪ ♪ I took a deep breath as the music began to play; my voice singing in the background. I lifted my foot to glide across the floor but it halted from an invisible force; my leg suspended in the air while the music kept going. My eyes widened, 'W-why?'

"Y/N! What are you doing?" Ara exclaimed, pausing the music with a frustrated look, "S-sorry unnie...I lost the beat." when the music stopped, my leg naturally swung down to the floor, 'H-huh?'

"Let's start again!" she commanded as I tidied myself up, 'Come on. You can do this, Y/N.'

I stared at my reflection in the mirrored wall. ♪ ♪ ♪~ Lifting my foot again, I moved but as it was a few millimetres from the floor, my entire body contracted and froze. I began to sweat.

"Keep dancing, Y/N."

I couldn't dispose of the image of her wicked smile. "Y/N!" I could hear Ara's annoyed tone but the woman's voice spiralled around my head.

"Dance until your feet hurt."

Frozen in time, I just stood there on one foot while the music continued in the background. Ara walked over, "Y/N? What's wro-" she peered into my face and gasped, "Omg! You're pale! Sit down Y/N."

She pulled onto my arm but it didn't budge and I instantly clung onto her shoulder, "...I-i can't move...help..."

Ara went puzzled and panicked as she began to scream for my manager. He burst through the door, "What's wrong?!"

Seeing my unusual state, he grasped onto my shoulders, "Y/N, are you okay?!" The music still played, "I-i'm scared...t-t-the music...I-i can't..."

"Keep dancing, Y/N. Dance until your feet hurt. Keep dancing, Y/N. Dance until your feet hurt. Keep dancing, Y/N. Dance until your feet hurt. Keep dancing, Y/N. Dance until your feet hurt."

My head pounded with intense force and my vision blurred in a foggy haze. "Ara! Close the music!" Jinyoung commanded which she instantly followed. In peace and quietness, my muscles relaxed as I stumbled into his arms.

And I realised, 'I-i'm scared of music...'

before fainting completely in his arms.

...

I found myself in a hospital bed, "Y/N! How are you feeling?" Jinyoung jolted at my awakening, flusteredly asking as he leapt out of his chair.

"W-what happened?" I asked, sitting up.

"I was going to let you rest in the studio when you fainted but then, your feet started to bleed non-stop! So I had to bring you to the hospital. The doctors stopped the bleeding but there were no wounds, which was weird." he said, nearly tearing up from stress. I gazed at my feet. They were clean and reeked of sanitising alcohol as I could smell it from afar. He sighed, "You're not pushing yourself too hard, right Y/N?"

I instantly denied, "No way! I'm working at my own pace." he observed me with everlasting doubt, "...I don't know about that. In your condition right now, you seem very unstable...You're scared of your own songs and bleeding randomly from the feet...I'm really terrified for you..."

I took his shaking hands, "Don't worry manager-nim, I've got everything under control..." I gave the most confident speech and look possible, "*sigh* alright but if anything happens, I'm telling the boss right away." I nodded, smiling briefly as I let his hands go.

"By the way, Y/N, could you give me any contacts of your family members because if this happened again, I really need to contact them AND I need your address so I know where to drop you off directly." he requested in a serious tone and I froze.

"...U-um...I don't have any family members..." I said, hesitatingly.

"A-ah...sorry...I didn't know...well, any close friends?" he asked cautiously and I pondered, 'I hope Jennie wouldn't mind...'

"Yes, I'll give you her phone number later." I replied and he smiled, "Thanks Y/N~get some rest okay? The doctor says you can go home in the afternoon!"

When he left, I thought back to the time at the dance studio, 'What do I do...at this rate, I'll never be able to perform at my own concert...'

My fists clenched tighter as I stared at my innocent feet.

...

No music. Just dance.

Under the soft moonlight, on the beach, I stood barefooted on the sand. My ears were blocked with earplugs. It was just me and the ground. Extending my arms, I led my feet across the pale surface in graceful motions. Gradually, I possessed some movements; gliding, jumping, and whatever one considers the moves of dancing are. Still moving in the silence, I unconsciously unplugged my ears and the sound of nature poured in. I sighed a breath of relief as my body remained in constant movement. So... why couldn't I dance with music?

'...Music... is scary...' I thought to myself.

"Hello, Y/N." At the sudden voice, my feet twisted and I lost balance on the sand, "Ah!"

"Watch out!" Before I crashed onto the sand, my body was suspended in the air, supported by a strong pair of arms, "Are you okay, Y/N?"

I pouted at the unexpected person, "You scared me, Hwanwoong-oppa..."

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻