Chapter 36 - Lady on the Cliff

"Y/N~! No words can describe how amazing you look right now! You... look just as beautiful as the previous Queen! ...Oh! I shouldn't leave you hungry! Come! I have a special meal prepared for you~" I praised her as she gracefully embraced the new version of Y/N.

Though she didn't respond, Y/N gracefully followed me, until Merlin stopped her at the door, "Y/N! Wake up! Have you forgotten what we agreed to?! Please! Just wake up alre-"

I laughed at Merlin's exchange with her, "What are you doing? Y/N's body has lost the sense to think~ She now follows only my command~ She will only act and talk when I desire it. I have completely taken control of her soul~ So back off!

Merlin slowly released Y/N and hung his head low, "...I'm sorry..."

"Come Y/N~"

...

"I caught a fresh young male today~ I hope you enjoy it, Y/N!"

Placing a full plate of fresh human flesh, Y/N stared at the pink and red meat on the table, "Try it~ This will be the official acknowledgement of you becoming a siren!"

"Y/N, don't." Merlin warned her.

I gave him an instant glare as he backed away from the table.

Taking a fork, she gracefully picked up a piece and effortlessly chewed it down.

My eyes sparkled as I watched her eat, 'Haha...she's eating...Who was this again? Oh! This was Hwanwoong! Now I remember~' I joyfully observed her devouring the plate clean, "I hope you enjoyed it Y/N~"

She blankly stared at the empty plate and I immediately thought of something, "Oh! We don't have any dinner for tomorrow! I need to go catch some humans~ Y/N, you're going to help me!"

"A-Azalea! You can't do this!" Merlin defended.

Angered, I slapped his cheek, "What. Do. You. Think. You. Are. Doing. Merlin?! You are heir to the throne of the royal Sirens! I will fulfill your mother's wishes and you cannot stop me! As the soon-to-be King, you should know your place! An attitude like that makes you weak...that's why Y/N will become stronger when she loses her entire sense of humanity."

He momentarily clenched his jaws before disappearing from the dining room. My attention returned to Y/N, "So Y/N~ I believe you already know how to sing 'the' song. I heard your voice before one night~ it was so entrancing, the wind had carried it to the ocean!"

She remained silent as I talked, "When we reach land, I'll help you out~!"

Third Person POV

"So...if you've already searched all over Seoul...does that mean she was taken beyond the borders?" Jennie questioned.

"I believe so..." Jungkook answered.

"*sigh* What do we do? The entire world is such a small space and yet so large to find one person." Yoongi said in defeat.

BTS and Jennie all collapsed on their backs as their sighs couldn't help much but evaporate into sounds of frustration.

"Jennie...this is going to take too long...You should go home otherwise you'll be too tired for your schedule tomorrow. We will continue researching." Namjoon suggested as Jennie finally agreed with him, "*sigh* Fine...but I'll be back!"

And just like that, she disappeared, "...Sometimes...I still can't believe Y/N and Jennie had become best friends...After everything she had done to Y/N and yet, Y/N decides to forgive her." Jin wondered.

"Well, I believe that's the same in our circumstances, don't you think?" Jimin asked, smiling to himself, reminiscing about the horrible past.

"Y/N...is a very sweet person...isn't she?" Taehyung smiled as he stared at the pendant on his neck.

They all smiled in unison, "We need to find her. Pronto!"

"♪Just say no...Tell me that you don't love me...♪" Suddenly, a distant voice welcomed itself into the house. When the voices touched everyone's ears, their pendants began to glow, "Hmm?"

(Song: Put it Straight by (G)I-DLE~ )

"♪Like my heart is going to leave... Like I'm going to hate you...♪"

Namjoon inspected the glowing object, "When it glows...it means it's protecting us...but that voice...it's..."

Their eyes widened before they busted through their main entrance and followed the voice.

"♪Just say yes. No, I mean tell me you're in love...Just like the good times, Can't you love me now?♪" Her voice sounded painful and yet it was so enchanting...no one would believe such a song existed.

"The beach, everyone!" Namjoon commanded as they followed his directions.

"Your eyes give me an answer...I'm just sighing as if I'm sorry...That's how it collapses...I'm falling apart."

As history chose to repeat itself, it did change too.

The original setting of the sunrise shifted into a midnight glow. And the lady sitting on top of the same cliff coated in a black dress with her legs dangling along the edge.

"Darkness, heart bruising. If you look at the day when my tears fell. Will you go away? Will I go away from you?"

The hair that sparkled under the moonlight behind her wasn't the same. It was longer, where each strand hid a dark secret that could lead to world domination.

"I filled your heart that I love...I think I'm going to die? Will you go away? Will I go away from you?"

Her voice was similar. No. It was the same. The same tone. The same delicacy. The same...pain.

"♪It hurts...Ah yah yah ah~ It hurts...Ah yah yah yah~♪"

The more she sang, the brighter the pendants reacted to her sound, "Why...? Why is it protecting us from her?!"

"♪It hurts...Ah yah yah ah~ It hurts...Ah yah yah yah~♪"

They came closer to the seated body. Their breaths inching closer and closer to the top of the cliff. By the time they reached, the girl had already stood up with her back faced towards the boys. Their hands immediately extended out to embrace her slim figure but the golden light flashed across the faces, pulling them back from the unknown, "What the hell?"

They stared at the girl's silhouette from a safe distance, "Y/N! Where have you been?! We've been searching all over for you!"

She didn't flinch nor did she turn around, "Y/N! Please tell us what's going on!!"

"Shut up..." her cold voice startled them, "...humans..."

The faint smell of sweat from their bodies clearly disgusted her sweet-scented natural fragrance of the salty ocean. Her heels ominously clicked along the rocky surface as she turned around where the edges of her dress lifted, dancing to the silent song of midnight.

"*gasp!*" It was her eyes that shook them the most - the obsidian hues that had replaced the gentle shades of life in her eyes.

"Y-Y/N?"

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻