Chapter 20 - Mission Impossible

Lesson 2. Sirens can shapeshift

"Jennie~~Could you do me a favour?"

"... ... ...This doesn't feel right. You're planning something, aren't you?" Jennie interrogated.

I explained how I had to surprise Jinyoung at his wedding and I needed help to 'spice up' the power system.

"So...you want me and the girls to cut off the power of the entire stadium? Y/N...you are unbelievable..." My heart was nervously beating as I waited for Jennie to answer.

"Well, it seems pretty important to you and I haven't done something dangerous in a while...so we'll do it!" I thanked her so many times, "But if something happens...you are to blame!" she warned.

"Yes, Madam~!"

...

I invited Blackpink to my dressing room where all the staff greeted them, "Y/N! You didn't tell me Blackpink was coming!" One of the stylists complained, "Haha~sorry unnie~~"

After everyone had left, I gave the group all the details; the rotation schedule of the main security guards, the quickest route to escape, etc.

"This is so exciting~!" Lisa commented.

"It's like being in a mafia gang!" Rose squealed.

"Oh! We also have a dress, in the car, for you, Y/N! When you get out, we'll be waiting outside!" Jisoo mentioned while pointing at Jennie, "It was all her idea~ she was worried you didn't have the right clothes to attend the wedding~"

I gazed at Jennie, who was blushing, "W-what? It's a wedding...you have to dress nicely. Concert garments are too flashy."

I could feel myself tear up, "Thank you, girls! I don't know what I'd do without you~!"

...

"Is everyone ready?!!" I cheered through the mic as the music rumbled through the speakers. The crowds screamed while calling out my name as I smiled at the sweet sound, "Here we go!!!"

The first half of the concert was an absolute thrill that I completely forgot what I needed to do until I saw Blackpink sneak out of their private room while I stood backstage, 'This is the last song...Gotta give it your all.'

♪♪♪

Halfway through the song, the lights suddenly lost consciousness and the entire stadium blacked out, including the speakers. The audience began to panic as the staff tried to figure out what had happened.

Without a working microphone, I yelled, "Don't panic everyone! It's just a blackout! Do not worry!"

Using the flashlight from his phone, my manager walked up to me, "Y/N, something happened with the power. The technicians can't fix it. We're going to cancel tonight's concert."

"Wait..." I pleaded, feeling absolutely guilty, "Could you possibly announce a small concert to make up for tonight?"

I could feel the frustration from his sigh, "I'll try Y/N."

At the manager's signal, the directors and organisers commanded for all exits to open. "Attention ladies and gentlemen, unfortunately, due to technical difficulties with the power outlets, tonight's concert is cancelled. We appreciate everyone's efforts to make it tonight and we deeply apologise for the unexpected consequences. To compensate for this evening's service, we shall announce an upcoming concert to all who had attended for free. Thank you for your understanding! Y/N and the team hope you have a wonderful night!" Through a blow horn, the manager apologised to everyone.

From the sad atmosphere, I couldn't help but scream, "Thank you for coming everyone!! I love you all so much! I'll definitely make it up to you!"

The crowd cheered, despite the unexpected situation, before slowly spilling out the doors. "Manager...you've worked so hard. I'm so sorry it turned out like this..."

"Don't worry Y/N! Go home and get some rest! Do you need a lift?" he asked, fatigued. I shook my head before bidding farewell to the rest of the staff.

...

"This dress is gorgeous..." I gawked at the dress Blackpink had given me.

"No time for admiring! Put it on!" Jennie commanded as she covered the windows.

"I found the heels!" Lisa lifted the shoes as her dishevelled hair melted upon her face.

"We're almost there!" Jisoo pointed out as she drove.

"Let me fix your hair and makeup, Y/N!" Rose immediately began combing out my hair.

This was one of the most hectic car rides I had ever experienced. When the car had completely halted, the group forcefully pushed me out, "Have a good time Y/N!" Without looking back, I ran towards the majestic building.

"*pant*pant* I... made it..."

- End of Flashback -

'I need to properly thank Blackpink~'

Yoongi's words immediately interrupted my thoughts, "By the way, Y/N, we're coming to your concert tomorrow."

...

"Boss! Was everything alright?" When I entered through the door of the floral shop, Holland frantically ran up to me. He looked absolutely handsome in his clothes and makeup, "Yeah...I'm so sorry it ended like that..." I apologised.

He shook his head, "As long as you're alright, I'm relieved. Being an idol is hard so don't let such small things, like a blackout, ruin yourself!" I smiled at his encouragement, "I'll definitely make it up to you..."

His cheekbones lifted in euphoria, "Don't worry too much boss! Get washed up and sleep! You have another busy night tomorrow!"

At the thought of tomorrow, my spirits lifted and my heart was overwhelmed with butterflies and pixie dust, "Oh! Holland! I forgot to tell you," he tilted his head, "After tomorrow's concert... I'll be returning home."

He remained still for a second before closing his eyes, "That's great boss~ I'm happy everything worked out at home."

I smiled, "Thanks for the temporary stay, Holland. I'll make sure to visit as much as I can."

...

Among the crowds of wonderful people, underneath the dazzling lights and echoes of cheers, I cautiously searched through the dark waves while maintaining the quality of my performance, 'Gosh...I know where they are because I gave them the tickets but this is so difficult...'

When I had nearly given up on searching, the lights coincidentally remained still for a few seconds and it was enough for me to finally see them - all wearing black masks but still looking as stylish as ever. 

I watched them dance to my songs and at times, I would blow kisses at them without anyone suspecting anything. I was slightly embarrassed to know they were actually watching but my smile was at its brightest level it has ever been. 

The second night ended in success...

Nearly...

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻