Chapter 23 - Ocean's History

Lesson 5. Sirens possess telepathic skills however a siren can never read another siren's mind

Y/N POV

My body - heavy.

My head - throbbing.

My legs - numb.

My heart - weak.

Mustering all my strength, I opened my eyes and found myself lying in an unfamiliar bed, "Where...am...I?" Pushing myself up, I looked around the room - it reminded me of a room where royals would stay; everything seemed exquisitely expensive. But something felt weird - I sensed my hair aimlessly tickling my cheeks, 'Huh?' My hair was somehow floating. I lifted my hand to touch it until I saw bubbles forming as I moved and I soon realised.

'I-i-i-i-i-i'm... UNDERWATER?!!"

I began to panic, 'D-did Marina bring me down? No...that's impossible... ... then Mirror? No, no, no, why would the mirror bring me here?'

I forced myself to remember what had happened, "There was a concert...M-my body was in absolute pain...I collapsed in the dressing room... ... J-jennie helped me...I drank some tea...then the mirror...and..."

"I see you are awake, Y/N~~" The door to the bedroom opened, "Who?!"

She chuckled, "It's me~" Her head poked through the door - the woman from last night, "Y-you!"

Smirking, she entered and my eyes immediately caught attention of her figure, 'S-she's a mermaid!'

She laughed, "Oh no, my child~not a mermaid. A siren~"

I looked at her horrified, "H-how did you know what I was thinking..."

"Telepathic skills, Y/N~" I suddenly remembered Holland teaching me some facts on sirens. They could read minds of humans but it a siren won't be able to read another siren's mind

She sat on the side of the bed, "Welcome to my home, Y/N~ I casted a spell on you so that you could breathe underwater for the time being. Soon, you'll be able to breathe on your own."

I backed away from her as far as possible, "How many times must I ask - Who are you and what do you bloody want from me?"

She smiled, "Heh~ I'm surprised that you are not very surprised to see a siren~ is it possible you have seen one already?"

I remained silent, cautious of her every move, "*sigh* Alright Y/N~ If it makes you feel more comfortable, I might as well spill some tea for you~"

Slowly, she began, "My name is Azalea. As I told you, I'm a siren~ I eat human men for a living~ and you...you are wedded to my son!"

'Eh?' It took some time to process her words until I exploded, "Wedded?! Since when?!"

She frowned, "Since you were born...21 years ago... ...or shall I say...your soul was destined along this pathway for centuries~"

"W-what do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

I could see her tightly clenched fists, "For centuries, I wanted to find someone suitable that would carry the royal blood of the sirens and when you were born, the blood strongly reacted to your flesh. It was then I knew you were the one."

She paused, "But...because of some stupid people, I had to spend 21 years finding you. Luckily, your body had begun to accept the blood of the royals and the smell of your blood strengthened. I was able to find you through the guidance of your fragrance~"