Chapter 10 - Raw Korean BBQ

- One month later -

Y/N POV

The winter chill was arriving. It has been one month since the hospital visit. I had not seen or heard the voice of that ominous woman, 'Seems like it was just my imagination...'

I had already gotten over my anonymous parents as I remained focused on practising for my upcoming concert in 1 month. BTS was able to resolve all conflict between themselves and the media, which was a relief.

It was my day off today while BTS still had a busy schedule. I stayed in the practice room to refine a few dance moves by myself. Squatting on the floor, I downed my bottle of water as I drowned in my own sweat.

*buzz*buzz* In the corners of my eyes, my phone displayed a private number, "Hmm...must be a scam...let's get dancing!"

Ignoring the call, I went back to dancing but the calls kept coming. Eventually, I gave up and answered the phone, "Hello, who is this?"

"Y/N! Sorry I called you this way! I left my phone at home!" A familiar voice rang through from the other side.

"Jungkook! What's up?" I asked cheerfully.

"You aren't busy, right? Could we hang out? Hyungs are all busy and we're on a long break so I'm bored." he said in a painfully bored tone. I laughed, "Sure!"

"How about 'Golden Shopping Centre'? I'll meet you at the ice-cream shop at the front!" he asked in glee. "Ok! I'll see you soon Kookie-oppa~"

He laughed, "See you soon, princess~" and hung up. I tilted my head as I stared at the screen, 'That's weird. Jungkook normally will 'attack' me if I called him Kookie-oppa. I think it's cute though he believes it's not a 'manly' nickname...but just now, he seemed okay with it?'

Collecting my belongings, I strolled away and arrived at the shopping centre. Golden Shopping Centre was one of the largest centres in Seoul with unlimited food, fashion and fun. Many will spend hours here for family time, friend time, date time and so on. I found the ice-cream store and saw Jungkook waiting with his black face mask and bucket hat.

"Oppa!" I carefully called out in the large crowds of people. He looked up and saw me running towards him, "Hey Y/N!"

"Is it okay to hang around here? There are so many people...what happens if we get caught?" I anxiously asked. Though his face was covered, I could feel the mischievous grin of his, "Don't worry Y/N. It is because there are so many people, that we won't get caught!" I playfully rolled my eyes, "Where's the logic in that?"

He laughed, "Let's go Y/N! I only have about 2 hour before I need to go back." Extending his hand out, I naturally grabbed onto his, "Food first!" I blurted.

We found a nice Korean BBQ place and luckily we took the last 2 spots. The restaurant was packed and loud with a cheerful atmosphere, "Woah, it's busy here..."

After ordering, I found Jungkook staring at a large group of boys, all probably around his age, "Oppa, why are you staring at them?" Lost in his thoughts, his gaze remained on them, "Earth to Oppa!"

Realising I was calling out to him, his attention returned and he smiled, "What is it Y/N?" I sighed, "Why are you staring at them?"

He smirked, "No reason~ which guy do you prefer?" my brows raised, "Huh?"

"Which g-"

"No, no I heard what you said." I stated, flabbergasted, "Why are you asking me?"

'Jungkook would normally dislike it when I like someone else...'

"Just curious~" he said casually. I looked back at the table; the guys were decent looking but...

"I like you more Oppa~" I said, immediately turning my head, uninterested in the table behind me. He raised his brows, "To the point where you would want to eat me?"

I laughed, "Sure, if you say it like that! But I'd rather my BBQ right now!" As the dishes arrived, I immediately placed the raw foods onto the sizzling grill. The smell was accentuating and drool-dripping. I looked at Jungkook, who was staring at a plate of raw beef.

"Eat, Oppa~" I said, amused at his abnormality. He picked up his chopsticks, aiming at the raw beef. I thought he was going to put it on the grill but instead, he devoured it.

"O-oppa! What are you doing?! That's raw!" I yelled, though no one heard since it was already roaring in the restaurant. He kept chewing as I stared in disbelief, "It's nice Y/N~"

Worried, I stood up and bent over, grabbing his chin and squeezed his cheeks, "Spit it out!"

He waved his hands, "Alright, alright!" I let go as he covered his mouth with a tissue, spitting the content out.

"What was that for, Jungkook?!" I exclaimed, alarmed by his actions, "I just wanted to try it raw~It's surprisingly nice!" he said, unfazed by what he had done.

"J-just eat the stuff on the grill..." I ordered him, completely shocked. He casually grinned and peacefully ate with a weird grin.

Occasionally, I realised Jungkook had been staring at the group of boys many times. His eyes were full of amusement, passion and...hunger? It was pretty entertaining watching him that I shrugged off his unusual state as we ate.

...

"Thank you for a fun few hours, Y/N~" Jungkook said as we stood at the entrance of the centre. "No worries Oppa! I had fun! I'll see you later!"

I began to walk home.

After a few minutes, I heard the sound of emergency sirens. Looking ahead of me, a column of emergency vehicles, including several police cars and ambulances, plus fire engines, appeared. In a heartbeat, they zoomed past me, heading in the same direction I came from, "Woah, something serious must have happened..." I pondered, resuming my walk.

...

Everyone arrived home pretty early today; around late afternoon. "What did you do today, Y/N?" Jimin asked as we all sat on the couch.

"I spent the afternoon with Kookie-oppa!" I said, staring at the TV, "We ate and shopped and-"

"H-hold on Y/N! We went out? Together?" Jungkook interrupted my words, seeming disorientated. Looking at them, I found them staring at me with weird faces. I tilted my head, "You don't remember?"

He raised an eyebrow, "No...I don't...I was doing interviews all day." 

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻