Chapter 8 - Reminder of the Silver Bracelet

He chuckled, plopping me up as I found my balance on the sand again. "What are you doing here, Oppa?" I asked, pushing the loose hair behind my ears.

"I was just walking around until I found you dancing here," he said softly. I blushed in the awkwardness, "H-how have you been?"

He briefly laughed, "Busy, I guess." I nodded as I smiled, "Hehe~me too." And I remembered, "Oh! I have a concert in 2 months! I-i was wondering if you could come with your group on the first night?" he grinned in excitement, "Of course Y/N!"

My eyes glistened, "Thank you! I'll send you the tickets when they're out!"

I shyly looked away, gazing at the quiet ocean, "Oh! Sorry if I had interrupted you. Keep dancing." at his words, my throat clogged as my breathing hitched. I alarmingly looked at him, '...H-he's Hwanwoong, right?'

I slowly backed away and he tilted his head, "What's wrong, Y/N?"

I began to tremble as Hwanwoong continued to softly stare at me in confusion until he raised his brows and grinned."I'll dance with you~"

I blinked in confusion, "E-eh?" he laughed at my dumbfounded expression, "I can't?"

His eyes were gentle. Nothing suggested the evilness of that mysterious woman. Immediately, I shook my head vigorously, "N-no, you can..."

He pulled out his phone, "I just learnt a new dance! I'll teach you but it's mostly freestyle so you can choose to do whatever you want! All you gotta do is copy my moves when the female singer comes up! Okay?" I nodded.

'Please dance my feet. To the sound of music. There's nothing to be scared of.' I begged my legs to work as Hwanwoong danced away.

(Please watch the video below if interested~! Love this dance so much! ♥)

'...and this is why I love music.'

Hwanwoong POV

Y/N danced as her feet kicked through the soft sand while I bounced to the beats. She was smiling brightly and relaxed as ever, '*sigh* why is she so... naturally mesmerising?'

After a year of controlling my feelings, I was determined to distance myself because I was scared of losing her and the current relationship we had. I wanted things to progress at a steady pace and besides, she had BTS with her, making it even harder for me.

I smiled to myself as I watched her dance. Unconsciously, I briskly walked towards her and started dancing with her. At first, she was a bit surprised before we both danced in sync while laughing, 'This is why I love life. She makes me feel so alive~' The music ended and Y/N sighed in satisfaction, "Ah~that was fun!" I chuckled, "It was indeed."

She stared at her feet for quite a while, "Is there something wrong with your feet, Y/N?" her silence was long before she cracked a smile, "No..." she looked at me with genuine gratitude in her eyes, "Thanks Oppa."

I tilted my head in confusion, "??? But I didn't do anything." and she laughed, "You just don't realise it~"

After processing her words and still not understanding what she meant, I casually ruffled her hair.

"Yah!" she squealed, playfully punching me in the stomach.

"Well Y/N, whatever you're thanking me for, I'm sure that I'm the one who needs to thank YOU." I emphasised on the 'you' to indicate that she was more required of crediting. This time, she tilted her head, "Why?"

"You let me enjoy life as it is~"

Y/N POV

"Say Y/N, if I died, what would you do?" Hwanwoong calmly asked and I gasped, "A-are you being serious? Don't say that!" he laughed, "I'm just wondering~would you miss me?"

Shocked, I nearly lost my words.

"I would be so devastated! Of course, I would miss you! If you die, we die together." I said, grasping his hands as he widened his eyes, "Wow Y/N...I never thought you would say that..." he smiled as he gazed at our hands. His lips touched my fingertips and I felt a slight blush creeping against my cheek, "It's late Y/N~You should go home now."

He escaped my grip, beginning to walk away, "I'll see you later, Y/N." With his back facing me, he lifted his hand in the air and waved. From his extended arm, his long sleeve shifted downwards, displaying the silver bracelet I gave to him a year ago. It sparkled under the soft rays of the moon. I gently smiled, "See you later, Hwanwoong..."

'Thanks for reminding me of my passion for dancing and music. I'm not scared. I won't be scared.'

Watching his fading silhouette, my heart throbbed for some reason. I felt as if this was the last time I would see him... ...forever.

Third Person POV

"Ugh...these journalists just don't know when to give up...what else do they want me to say?! That photo was f*cking fake!" Yoongi complained as he collapsed on the floor. It was already way past midnight but there were still a few reporters lingering outside the company's entrance.

"*sigh* we can't help it. It is the media." Jin said as they took a break in their practice room.

"Hey hyungs, don't you think Y/N is a bit... different these days?" Jungkook asked, taking a mouthful of water.

They all agreed. Y/N had looked cautious each day as if she was looking out for something and yet, she wouldn't tell her Oppas. Suddenly crying or flinching when nothing happened, it terribly worried them, "*sigh* I feel helpless when I can't do anything for her. It's as if she's battling something alone..." Taehyung said, furrowing his brows.

"We all feel the same way, Tae..." Jimin blurted, patting Taehyung on the shoulder.

"There's nothing we can do until she tells us what was wrong so we should patiently wait and keep an eye on her until she's ready to confess." Namjoon said, just as any leader would say, "Oh! Yoongi-hyung! I hope your hacking skills aren't expired. Could you look into Y/N's profile? I think we could easily find her parents that way."

Yoongi immediately started coding on his phone.

"What the..." Yoongi stared at his phone in bewilderment.

"What's wrong?" The others asked in curiosity.

"Y/N's profile doesn't exist..."

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻