Chapter 38 - Tails and Hair

Third Person POV

Y/N had forcefully pushed the group of the cliff as their eyes widened in despair. In the end, she had chosen to kill them by plunging their souls into the depths of the ocean.

Their eyes locked with hers as she slightly smiled in relief before calling out, "MARINAAAA!!!"

Seven pendants exposed a blinding light, causing everyone to shut their eyes tightly while they felt the harsh impact of the water as they plummeted through.

'Marina?' They thought.

Feeling the verge of death, they smiled at each other, holding hands, before closing their eyes and surrendered their body to the ocean's punishments.

Seconds passed...Minutes passed...and yet, nothing happened.

Confused, they timidly opened their eyes until they realised something that shook them to the core. Surprised, they pulled back from each other, "Aaaaah!!!!"

They could breathe underwater? They could casually scream underwater?

Scared, they pointed at each other, "W-w-what t-the f*ck a-are y-you?" Yoongi stuttered in horror.

"Y-you look j-just l-l-like us, h-hyung." Namjoon replied in utter confusion.

Yoongi looked down before looking up in disbelief, "AAAAAAHHHHH! I'M A FISH!! A F*CKING FISH!! WHAT IN THE BLOODY WORLD IS HAPPENING?!"

Each individual displayed a unique tail of specific colours as well as their hair colour.

Jin had a tail of pink hues embroidered with random patterns of delicate crystals. His hair blossomed into soft colours of cherries and cotton candy.

Yoongi possessed a dashing black tail. His slick black hair was pushed back, displaying a dominant and handsome aura as his bare figure remained poised and dignified.

Hoseok's tail was painted of tranquilent white, detailed with silver beads along the curves of his scales that displayed a holographic glow. His hair in shades of snow twinkled underneath the rays of the moon that beamed through the waters.

Shades of cerulean blue intricated themselves onto Namjoon's tail, where his hair glistened in highlights of blue sapphire. Aqua beads were braided into his hair that glistened effortlessly.

Jimin obtained a gold tail entwined with combinations of sunset orange and sweet peaches. His hair of charming blonde hues stood out amongst the blue nature of the waters as it shined like pixie dust.

Taehyung's tail was painted with variations of green, providing a wave effect as he swam. His mint hair was richer in colour than any emerald gemstone found on earth.

Jungkook's purple tail was dusted with radiating flashes of royal amethysts. His hair - coated in a soft purple ombre where tiny pearls danced across when he moved.

"L-let's calm down, everyone..." Taehyung breathed as his hands shook non-stop.

"Tae, you're not calm yourself!" Jimin accused.

"This is a dream...definitely a dream!" Jungkook blurted as he tried to bite his fin, "Ow! ...Wait...It's not a dream!!!"

"Look at these ears..." Jin pointed out, feeling the pointy tips.

"D-do you think Y/N did this?" Namjoon asked as he scanned the surroundings. Underwater at night, only the moon's spotlight shined amongst the corals and seaweed that fluttered across the aquatic floor.

"I'm not sure...She...screamed out 'Marina' though. I wonder who 'Marina' is..." Hoseok wondered.

"...Young Masters..." A voice echoes throughout the water current as the boys' bodies tensed at alert.

"W-who?!" Jin called out, "Show yourself!"

"Don't panic, Young Masters..." the deep voice assured, "Please follow the light. It will guide you to a safe place." A trail of light - glowing jellyfishes - appeared before the group.

"Y-young masters?? ...I-i'm not going anywhere unless I know who you are!" Jimin defended.

"I apologise for my rudeness but it is very dangerous to wander around here right now. I assure you that I am of no harm so please follow the light to safety." the voice said, however the group didn't budge an inch, "...If this makes it any better... I am of your mother's possession."

At the word, 'mother', their eyes widened, more shocked than they were before.

Their gentle mother, who had long disappeared from this world, from the sins their father caused upon the family... had secrets hidden underneath the tranquil waters?

"Prove it...If you knew our mother...then prove it." Namjoon demanded, cautiously gazing at the heaven of waltzing jellyfish; the bubbles of soft fluorescent light released a calm atmosphere that concealed the dangers behind their toxic stings of such gelatinous tentacles.

"... ..." The deep voice didn't return a reply, "...How do we expect to trust you if you can't prove yo-" Jungkook glared at the deadly yet gorgeous rows of pulsating dancers.

"Mistress...talked about you all the time..." the voice interrupted, "Taking care of you day and night...It was a dream come true. Her favourite... ...was to go to the park and watch you all run around the fields. She treasured you all more than anyone."

Speaking of the distant memories of a world where their mother used to exist, BTS listened in astonishment as the reminders of their peaceful and perfect childhood tugged against their heartstrings. The faint pain brought them to a halt - their gazes softening into sorrowful expressions.

"I apologise to have brought that up," the elegant voice responded, "I was only trying to prove my service to Mistress..."

"...No, I'm sorry. You were only trying to protect us and yet, we..." Namjoon apologised sincerely.

"Do not worry, Young Masters...I understand that such a confusing situation has traumatised you very much. Please...let me guide you to a safe place." Somehow, as if the jellyfish understood the voice's words, they shined brighter, battling against the light of the moon. BTS slowly proceeded along, trying hard to flap their fins without losing control.

"I never knew...being a fish was so hard..." Yoongi complained, already panting as blobs of bubbles escaped his mouth.

At the end of the neon road, a cave appeared, its mouth wide open where only darkness lurked from within, "T-this is the safe place??" Hoseok winced in terror as he embraced Taehyung from the back, "H-hyung...C-can't bre...athe."

"Ah! Sorry Tae!" Hoseok tried to let go but still clung onto Taehyung's bare shoulders while Taehyung did the same, digging his nails into Hoseok's shoulder as they terrifyingly stared into the dark.

"Let's go." Jungkook led the way in, "Woah! Wait for us, JK!" Namjoon ordered as he swam after him as well as the rest of the group.

The further they swam through the dark waters, the sweeter the atmosphere smelt. The fragrant scent penetrated their noses and a soft light appeared at the end of the cave, before the entire group was enveloped in the blinding light, squinting their eyes at the intensity.

"Young Masters...Welcome to your mother's home..." the voice greeted.

Deep within this cave was a small cosy outlet. Simple furniture made of corals and seashells were cleanly placed in their rightful postions.

"...This was mother's home?" Jimin blurted as he gawked at the interior.

"Wait...she...was a fish??" Namjoon breathed under his nose.

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻