Ch19- In Your Thoughts

Illumi's POVI just got done with another mission

Illumi's POV
I just got done with another mission. I am now on my way home, from a long day. "Illumi, sweetie! Could you come here for a second. Your father and I would like to discuss something." My mother calls me over.

"You called?" I walk into my parent's bedroom. "Take a seat, son. We need to discuss something, very important." My father gestures me to sit beside him. "Illumi, you're all grown up and we think that it's time for you to take your life to the next step."

Dad smiles at me and pats my back, hard. "What are you talking about?" I ask, as I grunt from the hard pats. "We think it's time for you to get married." My mom says, cheerfully. I stare at them wide eyed. Me..? Marriage..?

"B-but, who am I supposed to marry.?" I stutter out a little. "That's for you to decide, son." My dad puts his large hand on my head. "But it can't just be anyone, Silva. She has to be a killer too, you know."

My mother starts giving me more information and tips about finding the perfect wife. Honestly, I'm not interested in marrying anyone at the moment. I should rather be more focused on doing my job.

And with that, my mom pushes me out of their room and sends me off. 'What would I look for in a woman?' I decided to go to my room and go to sleep for now. I have all the time to think about this tomorrow.

When I lie down in my bed, I close my eyes and instantly fall into the world of dreams.

~in the dream~

Water.. There's water, everywhere. It looks like an ocean.. Not just an ordinary blue one. A never ending ocean of gray despair. I look around to see if there was a way out.. There isn't any.. I try hard to swim up..

But to no avail.. There really is no way out of this place. The scary feeling of when you are about to drown. The pressure of the thick water, pushing you deeper in. A gasp for a heavy breath is impossible.

I look around the dark ocean, with my long, black hair, levitating like is if I were flying in the night sky. I stop when I spotted a moving figure. The blurry figure comes closer, coming into view. I let go of my breath when I saw who it was. It was (Y/N)...

And she was crying.. She looked like she was in pain. Her tears were the same color as the ocean. No, wait... That means, that this whole ocean.. Is all the tears that (Y/N) has shed?! The thick feeling of the deep water.

The heavy pressure and the dark color I've been swimming in... It was all coming from (Y/N)'s tears. It's like, making this ocean is the only place where she can let all of her emotions out. I feel...sad?

No... Mother said that feeling sad and having emotions is a disease. That I have no right to be happy. That making friends is a waste of time! So why.?! Why do I get this weird feeling every time I'm around (Y/N).?

What is this feeling?! I suddenly feel a warm trickle coming down my face. Am I...crying. No, I never cry.. Mother said I should never cry.. Or I'll get punished, just like back then. (Y/N)... I know what it's like to feel pain.

Because I been tortured and experimented on, for twenty-four years. Nowhere to run, no one to run to, when you have all this anger and sadness bottled up inside of you. I just... I just feel like screaming!

~dream ends~

I wake up, with cold sweat and tears, running down my face. "(Y/N)..." I mumble out and grab my phone. I text Hisoka to see where he is right now. He says he's at Heavens Arena. I have a gut feeling that (Y/N) is there too.

I get up and start getting ready. Before I walked out, I spot my family portrait on the wall. My mother, my brothers and me... That neutral, monotone look on my face. 'Have I always looked like that.?'

I feel another tear stream down my face. 'Why am I still crying.? Assassins never cry..' I push those feelings away and set off on my journey to Heavens Arena. 'I'm coming (Y/N), just you wait.'