Ch20- Crossfire and Hostility

(thank you for 2-3k reads and so many votes. All of you are making my boring, quarantine summer, so much better. Everyone gets a UwU✌️)

(Y/N)'s POVToday is the day

(Y/N)'s POV
Today is the day.. My birthday. The one day that I despise. Don't get me wrong, being twenty-three is kind of a thriller, but being reminded of the place you were thrown into and the life you've been living...

And no one to celebrate with... I sigh, as I carelessly drop my birthday cake on the table.

(pay no attention to the candles😝) Inuki barks, begging for a slice

(pay no attention to the candles😝) Inuki barks, begging for a slice. I smile and cut a thin slice of (f/f) cake. I put it down for him and proceed to put candles on the cake.

I light them and sadly look at the perfect process of my baking. I sit there, humming the birthday song to myself. I soon start to cry, as I keep staring at my cake. I wipe my tears away and blow out the candles.

I hear a knock at the door and Inuki goes to growl at whoever it is. I get up and open the door to see Hisoka leaning in the doorway. "I see you still have that mutt with you." He looks down at Inuki, who is growling at him.

"What do you want, Hisoka?" I'm honestly not in the mood for any of his tricks right now. "I did say I was coming back, didn't I~?" I rethink back to yesterday. "Not in the mood." I say and slam the door in his face.

I turn around and walk back to the cake. Only to see Hisoka sitting there. I look back at the door, then back at him. "What the f*ck?" He just smirks at me and dips his finger in the cake. "Who's birthday is it~?"

He chuckles and tastes the cake. I stomp over and take the cake. "No one's." I snap at him and take the cake over to the kitchen counter. When I turn back around, I see Hisoka stading in front of me. 'How is he doing that?!'

He puts his finger up to his chin, looking like he's in a thinking state. "Is today your bithday, (Y/N)-chan~?" He chuckles and smirks down at me. I just look away, refusing to answer. I could just use Ko and punch him like usual..

But a gut feeling says I shouldn't do it. "It is~ How delightful~☆" He claps his hands together and looks at the cake. "Why didn't you invite me~?" He acts and sounds like a sad child. "Well, you're already here, aren't you?"