𝙸𝙸. 𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚎𝚍

A beautiful woman lies on the silky red sheets. Her lashes trembling, eyes going side to side underneath her eyelids.

Her maid teared up on the side. It's been days since her young miss had fallen into a coma. The royal physician couldn't heal her for some reason.

It was said that she was found underneath a hot spring and they had the conclusion that she's been there for hours, considering the amount of time that she had been missing.

Her purple lips and pale body confirmed their suspicions and even announced her dead upon feeling no pulse. If not for her maid who sobbed against her body for hours and noticed her hand twitching, they would've buried her alive.

It was a mystery though. They were certain that she had no pulse and even checked it multiple times.

They then decided to disregard this matter and just focused on getting the young miss' health back to normal since they don't want their king rage towards them for not taking care of her properly.

Their hearts aren't still at ease considering the fact that there's a hundred percent chance that the king will know First Concubine Y/n's accident which caused her to step at the deaths door and luckily went out of it. If the emperor isn't too merciful, their family might lose them.

Luckily, the emperor, is still at the midst of war in the northern part of their country. It helped them to prolong their life.

They have a chance to live and the only way is through the First Concubine Song Y/n. They have to curry favor to her so that she might convince the emperor to spare their life. After all, Song Y/n had their emperor, the mighty Emperor Jeon Jungkook, around her finger.

If Y/n heard their thoughts right now, she would cackle out loud that it would offend her etiquette teacher.

Y/n's body twitched again. Her eyes finally opening after those threateningly scary days of the palace staffs.

Y/n coughed loudly. Her throat clenching painfully as she ask for water to relieve it. Her personal maid that was gifted by her own husband the emperor, Min Seo, cried happily after hearing her wake up. Min Seo then scrambled around to fetch some water and hurried to her miss' side. She supported Y/n and held the water in front of her gently.

Y/n took big gulps of water then gasped after, finally content that her thirsty self is finally sated.

Her drowsy eyes scanned the area. Her mind still a little bit fuzzy.

She can feel some thumping on the part that she got impaled by Jungkook's sword. Even though it doesn't hurt anymore, the thumps on those part made her shiver, not wanting to experience it again.

Y/n held her head with her trembling hands and frowned deeply.

What's happening? Where Am I?

Several questions swirled in her head. It made her heart throbs more. Her forehead dripping from sweat. Her breath getting unstable as an imaginary pain went all over her body.

"-iss! Follow m.."

"-thing ok?"

"Please!"

Two thin arms shook her body but it didn't get her out of her state. Fortunately, it took her attention.

"Young miss please follow my breathing!" Min Seo cried out as she exaggerated her breaths.

Y/n absentmindedly followed the younger girl, feeling satisfied at the soothing feeling after having a normal intake of breath.

Y/n finally got herself together and looked around. Her eyes stopped at the mirror on her bed side as a familiar girl copied her movements.

It's her reflection.

Young pale face, deprived of blemishes. The face of a well pampered young miss. Her youth screaming as no wrinkles were evident. Her skin was smooth as a baby's one.

It was her face when she just married the emperor.

The maid watched with wide eyes as her young miss starts to tremble and cry. She doesn't know what to do, especially that it's the first time Y/n cried in front of her.

"I-I'll get the royal physician, young miss. Wait for me here!" Min Seo said, running away like a headless chicken.

Y/n didn't heed her any care and focused on her crying reflection. Gratefulness engulped her whole body.

A fourth life. The Deity had been too merciful and giving to grant her a fourth life.

"Thank you. Thank you s-so much." she rasped out then giggled after. Her mind is a mess but she knows one thing for sure, she won't waste this life.

After having an epiphany, Y/n stood up and excitedly peeked on her window.

Her surroundings are calm and peaceful. If you were observant enough, you'll know that behind this serenity is filled with wolves that are hungry for money and power.

The pale girl jumped around her room, scanning her things and was halted by a loud gasp at her bedroom door.

"Imperial Concubine Song! You aren't supposed to move around recklessly." a familiar manly voice shrieked.

Y/n whipped her head towards the voice and saw Min Seo with worried look along with the royal physician.

"Jin!" she exclaimed happily.

"Were you trying to give the whole palace a heart attack? Why did you let yourself drown in the hot spring, you wench?" Seokjin hissed, hitting the back of her head with his fist.

"I drowned?" the said girl muttered and looked at them with a confused face.

"You don't remember? Young miss had been asleep for days so your memory must be in a swirl of confusion. The palace maids have found you under the hot spring. It made them confused that your body isn't floating. Could you believe it young miss? They said you died since you had no pulse for hours! They were gonna bury or cremate you if I hadn't notice your finger twitchin-" the maid was halted by Seokjin's hands slapping her mouth.

"Why are you still calling her young miss? Call her imperial concubine or first concubine, you unrespectful brat. She's the wife of our nation's leader now."

"Young Miss Y/n had been the one who told me to call her young miss!"

"Your tongue can get you beheaded you know?"

The arguing voices of the two faded as Y/n stared into nowhere.

She had no recollection of drowning in her previous lives. When she woke up on her second life, she just woke up from a nap. It's the same for her third life.