𝚇𝚇𝙸𝚅. 𝙿𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚞𝚎

“Hobi!” A familiar voice squealed.

The shadow guard who was in the midst of rethinking his whole life, looked over the said voice and smiled.

“You're ba-” he halted after Y/n shoved something towards his face.

‘A pendant?’

“It's a sun! Because it radiates the same energy as you even though you're supposed to be serious all the time since you're a shadow guard.” Y/n babbled and placed the smiley sun on Hoseok's hand.

“Your majesty I-” He gulps and knelt down. “I thank your majesty for her greatness.” he continued with his head bowed.

“Hey, stop doing that. We're friends now aren't we?”

“We can't be friends.” Hoseok declared.

He can't bear betraying this pure soul. He just can't.

“Whether you like it or not, we're friends now.” Y/n proudly says.

‘Please don't make this hard for me.’

“By the way Hobi, I need you to heal someone and give them a temporary shelter.”

‘Oh God another trouble.’

“Can you keep him a secret please?”

Hoseok sighed.

“I'll go get the kits while you change your clothes.” Y/n giggled to him and rushed away.

“Who is this man now?” He groans and tried to face-palm but was halted by the pendant in his hand.

The smiley was a little bit crooked, giving it a silly look.

With the simple glance on the pendant, the guard's heart softened. He clenched the pendant and became determined.

Lying to the emperor is basically the way to death's door.

Is it worth it?

If it's Y/n then yes.

He's willing to take the step for her.

He had already agreed to her mischievous actions when he let her wander alone that night. By that fact, he had agreed to let his life dangle on the emperor's finger.

“You little rascal.” Hoseok chuckled. “Seems like I'll die before getting a dick.” he sulks as he tugs on his clothes and changes immediately.

☽. ° • ༆ ❦ ༆ • °.☾

Taehyung groaned out loud and clutched his torso upon experiencing light pain. His vision was vision was hazy yet he could immediately confirm that he's inside an unfamiliar shelter. This room is a lot more expensive looking than his own.

"Are you feeling dizzy?" A voice chirped out of nowhere.

"Oh shi-"

BAM

"Oop- I'm sorry. Can you get up on your own?" The voice continued.

"Who the fuck are you?" Taehyung hissed and looked at the man who wore an identical cloth to Yin.

"You don't remember me?" The man pouts. "Yin introduced me to you last night." He said.

"I don't remember you but I'm sure as hell that Yin gave me flowers." Taehyung retaliated. He really didn't paid much attention to the man last night.

"I'm Hoseok. Yin's guard."

"Then why do you wear the same cloth as him?"

"My master needs to disguise."

Taehyung sent one last look to the guard and looked around.

"Where's my flowers?"

"My master told me to take care of you till you're capable of moving around without having the possibility of passing out." Hoseok ignored the question and smiled.

"Speaking of that matter, where is Yin?"

"My master's whereabouts are confidential as of now." Hoseok said with a straight face.

He can't really declare that 'Yin' or more specifically Y/n, is taken by the emperor to visit his mother's manor. It was a rushed morning since the emperor popped out of nowhere and demanded to dress Y/n in a much more formal cloth for he decided to take her with him to visit his mom.

It was a hard time for Hoseok as he decided to keep Taehyung a secret. He know that the emperor will probably figure it out in a short time but he'll still continue to try and help Y/n.

"If you can't answer that then atleast let me have my flowers back." Taehyung stared straight into the guard's soul. "T-that's my only request, i promise." Taehyung continued while bowing his head.

Hoseok sighed and looked at his patient.

"Do you see that rash on your hands?" Hoseok said while pointing onto Taehyung's hand.

The latter looked at his own hands and was surprised that it indeed had a rash.

"You're somehow allergic to it. We don't know if it could be fatal so Yin decided to take it away from you." The guard said while sitting beside Taehyung.

"I-.." Taehyung trailed off. "I still want it. Just keep it in a jar or something. Please let me take it back." He pleaded at the man beside him.

Hoseok tsked and looked at him with confusion.

"You know, you would be my type if it weren't for your attitude earlier." Hoseok snickered.

"Wait, you're gay?" Taehyung exclaimed with an obvious surprise.

"Yeah- don't think that I'm after you." Hoseok hissed and scooted away from Taehyung.

Unexpectedly, Taehyung scooted closer to him.

"Hey just because your face is that gorgeous doesn't mean that I'll fall for you easily." Hoseok stood up and brushed the nonexistent dust on his cloth. "Stop with the weird actions." He continued and started walking away.

"Hyung!" The deep voice yelped making the guard halt on his steps.

"What- what did you just call me?" He turned around only to see Taehyung having a hopeful look on his face.

"Please teach me how to court a guy."

"How to what?!"

"You know what that means! I want to pursue a man. Please help me!"

☽. ° • ༆ ❦ ༆ • °.☾