𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝙿𝚊𝚜𝚝

Y/n came from a normal family. They were not poor nor rich, just an average family. Meanwhile, Jungkook came from the imperial family. He's the only child of the former Emperor Jeon Dohyun and Empress Jeon Eunsoo.

The former emperor had loved the empress so much that he fought against the palace ministers just to avoid taking concubines, hence, he only had Empress Jeon Eunsoo as his wife. He also wasn't pleased seeing her in pain so he decided to stop having a child after having a son. Thankfully, their first child, Jungkook, is a boy. That way, he wasn't gonna see his wife in so much pain again.

Unfortunately, being an only child made Jungkook lonely, causing him to seek out some company. That company ended up as Y/n.

He had first saw the girl as an annoying being after seeing her loud and hyper self. She's likely his opposite self whereas she is a girl, loud, and heartwarming compared to his cold and aloof self. He liked silence the most but at the same time, he wants to have a company.

After having their first argument before, the girl had decided to ignore him for days, causing him to realize how much he yearns for the existence of the other.

Y/n's first life is very miserable as you see. She married Jungkook after he asked for her hand. She had thought that he'll be like his father. Not taking any concubine after her, seeing at how much he loves her.

Their life had been harmonious. They loved each other so much that the maids around them would puke for the too much sweetness they produced. That was until he brought another concubine.

Her world shattered.

Heartbroken, she ignored the man for weeks which made him seek her out. He had a long talk with her, mostly pampering her and saying that he wouldn't even touch the other girl.

Her naive self immediately trusted him.

She tried to get along with the second concubine Jungkook brought in, named Jihyun. Jihyun was a sweet girl. The girl would prepare her tea everytime and would send pastries very often.

She thought that she's her friend.

That was until she found out that Jihyun was poisoning her with the tea and pastries. The poison made her infertile.

The information made her sad and vengeful, causing her to seek out the second concubine for a long talk. The two argued infront of the palace door where a long stairs are located.

Blinded by her fury, Y/n didn't hold back on lashing out tons of spiteful words against Jihyun.

Jihyun took the advantage of her out of control self and acted pitiful. She purposely angered the other and acted like a victim, not noticing the flight of stairs behind her.

As if the karma acted against Jihyun, she mistook a step and fell on the stairs, leaving Y/n in a state of shock.

Jihyun lost her child.

Yes, Jihyun was pregnant and no one knew.

For the others, they might think that Jihyun losing her child is a bad karma for doing such a hideous thing to Y/n, but for her it is a good karma.

Losing her child made Y/n gain dirt on her name.

The palace acted against Y/n and blamed her for Jihyun's accident that caused them to lose a royal heir.

The accident caused a gap between Jungkook and her. The man would look at her with disappointed gaze every time she seeks him out.

Finally having enough, she went to him with anger coursing her body. She asked why he never told her that Jihyun was pregnant, why he didn't appointed her as the empress if he really loves her, why he didn't trusted her and believed the lies Jihyun told him.

She was truly a dumb and naive girl and Jihyun was more than happy to know that.

After her questions, Jungkook who had never raised his voice against her nor held any hostility against her, lashed out.

She doesn't remember the words that he yelled against her but she knew that those words were like knives piercing her body because it hurts.

That night, she died by the hands of Jungkook.

She didn't knew if the heavens felt that she was wronged because after seeing Jungkook wiping his sword after stabbing her, she was in a space like place until she woke up.

She woke up back to her 20 years old self.

By this time, she thought that she could finally have a good life and revenge against Jihyun. She'll make sure that Jungkook will love her and not Jihyun. She'll be careful and avoid Jihyun's schemes.

She should've just gave up for Jungkook was her killer in her last life but she was blinded by her love for him to even care.

She didn't managed to prevent Jungkook taking in Jihyun as his concubine but she managed to avoid the pastries and teas that she prepared.

By that fact, she got pregnant with Jungkook's child. Jungkook was overjoyed and would stick to her 24/7. He would even ignore his duties as an emperor just to take care of her. She thought that they'll finally have a happy life, until Jihyun pushed her to a flight of stairs.

Intentionally.

Causing her to lose their child.

She was unconscious for days which gave Jihyun to curry favor and prove herself innocent.

She claimed to find her already lying on the bottom of the stairs and immediately called for the royal physician. She even said that if it weren't for her calling the royal physician immediately, Y/n would've died.

The whole palace had believed her for there was no witness when the accident happened.

When Y/n woke up, she found the emperor lying on her side with his hands clenching hers. Feeling her flat stomach, she knew why he was holding such a sorrowful look without him explaining to her.

She should've thought and acted rationally but of course she had to revenge rashly.

She pushed Jihyun on the same stairs causing Jihyun to lose her own child.

Like they said, an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

No one can hinder a mother's anger.

By that time, Y/n concluded that she hated stairs.