𝙸𝚇. 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛

"Where did he go?" Min Seo panicked realizing that the shadow guard is also nowhere to be seen. Jin had sent her inside and had been told that Seokjin would be the one to stall the emperor.

She was sure as hell that the shadow guard was lying here just minutes ago. How could he disappear that fast?

Meanwhile, Hoseok had already ran outside the palace in order to fetch the imperial concubine. He wasn't expecting that the emperor would be back sooner than expected. If he didn't get Y/n back in time, his neck might be slashed by the emperor tonight.

With that thought, Hoseok gulped and his throat tightened.

Perks of being a shadow guard is being trained at jumping from roof to roof. His moves were fast and exquisite. If one would watch him run, it was like a whisk of air passing by. Too bad that the dress he's wearing right now is heavy and it made him slow down a little bit. That and finding Y/n were his sole problems.

Knowing her, she might be in an expensive place since Jungkook had forbid her from eating in an eatery that's affordable for the commoners. With that clue, he immediately dashed towards the most expensive eatery in this town.

Hoseok put on a veil once he landed on the ground since it would be too weird if the people finds out that he's a male wearing a female's dress. He's thankful that the dress he's wearing right now is one of Y/n's nightwear. If it wasn't, the people would mistake him for the imperial concubine since the imperial family's daily wear contains of golden silk. This nightwear was simple and void of any golden silk.

Hoseok imitated a meek young maiden and gently walked towards the expensive eatery. Now that he had thought about it, he had no silvers nor golds with him. How would he enter the eatery?

Hoseok halted his steps and suddenly had an epiphany. Another problem.

"Hoseok?" an awkward voice called out to him.

Hoseok whipped his head towards the voice and was delighted then momentarily frowned.

"Your highness, why are you wearing a commoner's clothes?" he whispered, not wanting to attract any attention.

Y/n blinked innocently and then had a guilty expression.

"Someone tricked me into switching clothes with them." Y/n mumbled while scratching the back of her neck.

"H-how would you even get tricked like th- anyways, we have to go, your highness. The emperor will arrive in just a few minutes." Hoseok rambled and grabbed her hand whilst having a flushed face. Y/n is really attractive even in commoner's clothes but he have no time to spare. He's still aiming to save his life.

"What?!" Y/n accidentally shouted and cringed afterwards. She sent an apologetic look towards the people who whipped their heads to look at them.

"Let's go. Come on." Y/n grabbed his hands but was halted by a man.

"I didn't mean to pry, young master, but shouting to your lover isn't necessary. Alright?" the man in his thirties slowly said.

"P-pardon?" Y/n chuckled nervously.

"You see, women's heart are very fragile. So you must take care of it very carefully." the man said, motioning to Hoseok. "I guess you two are just a young couple. In order to prevent severe fightings, try to prevent from shouting at each other." the man rambled to them.

Hoseok tugged at her hand and tried to whisk her away.

"Remember my words young man!" the man encouraged Y/n. "Take care of your lovely lover~" the man added, pertaining to her shadow guard.

The man had stalled their time for a while so Hoseok was more on the edge. He didn't even had the time to laugh because of the man mistaking them as a couple. Him as the girl and Y/n as the boy.

"How will we go back in the palace in time?" Y/n said helplessly.

Hoseok looked at her face and bit his lip. He crouched down a little bit, encircled her waist and below the knees before carrying her bridal style. The female yelped at the sudden move and nearly shouted when Hoseok started running.

If someone saw the two, the people would immediately think that it's an odd situation. A seemingly looking female carrying a male bridal style.

The two didn't care about that for a moment and just wished to go back to the palace in time.

Hoseok tightened his grip around Y/n, afraid that he might let go of her accidentally since the closeness between them is making him flustered. He tried shaking off the thought but Y/n's body that's too close to him made it impossible.

Hoseok panted at the strenuous running and tried to go faster. Y/n looked at him worriedly.

Halfway running, Hoseok felt a hand patting his head and heard some encouragement from Y/n. He didn't really need some but it somehow gave him more energy to run faster than expected. Soon enough, they reached her room and saw Min Seo panicking inside.

"Young miss!" she cried out.

"Worry later. Help her dress for now." Hoseok instructed the maid and let her take Y/n to her bathroom. Hoseok could hear the maddening footsteps of the emperor as his senses were heightened. His heartbeat rate picked up as he hoped for the maid to dress Y/n a little bit faster.

Hoseok searched around Y/n's room to hide since he won't be able to dress properly until tomorrow. If the emperor saw him wearing her clothes, it might make him rage. Better safe than being at risk. His clothes is probably being traded right now.

He heard the emperor's voice outside and became more nervous. Luckily, Y/n is already dressed. Min Seo immediately helped her to settle on her bed. Hoseok silently hid on a corner and watched Y/n with worried eyes.

"I have to pretend that I'm cleaning you." Min Seo rushed and pretended to clean Y/n's fingers.

A loud sound startled the two. They were greeted by the presence of Jungkook. Y/n felt her heart skipping upon seeing him and felt helpless.

Without any words, Y/n's lips were savored by Jungkook. Hoseok retreated silently. For a moment, he thought that he felt a pang on his heart.

☽. ° • ༆ ❦ ༆  °.☾

I'll probably try to update 1 chapter tomorrow. If not then :<